Take a guess - Does it look like veneer or solid?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
This is an interesting one. Might even be a solid top. Or maybe just another good looking veneer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Burny-Super-Grade-Long-tenon-Les-Paul-581-/170686958818?pt=Guitar&hash=item27bdbc4ce2

VintageJacco said:
Looking at the pot codes I would say it's a veneer.

Please help me understand what pot codes have to do with top type. The guitar also has a long tenon which is unusual for a Burny. Maybe it is some sort of special order as the seller is suggesting.

I doubt it's a solid top very much... you'd think more flame would be visibile in the side of the cavity. Also, have you ever seen a late 80's Burny with a solid top?

I used to own a very similar late 80's Burny that also had a long tenon... we never worked out why it had one but my point is that they do exist. A lot of similarities to the one you posted included loads of glue around the tenon and black paint in the control cavity.

btw that's a Fujigen Burny, it clearly has the Fujigen control cavity shape & routing. They were all released during 1991/1992 period and most of them were LG-75GRs, this one obviously isn't.

Any idea what this is? :D

default_thumb.png

Freebird said:
Seller confirms it is a veneer. I don't do veneer.

Well it must be then. But my first thought is that it's a fairly subtle top to be made from a veneer. Give veneers a chance, when it's done right it's no big deal :)

jacco said:
Freebird said:
DaveWW said:
Take no notice of posts by VintageJacco he's just taking the p*ss

Dave

Is Vintagejacco related to Jacco?

It's the Slapshot/Udonitron/UITA trio, I believe 2 of them were banned from here recently.

What is your issue here man?
What did I do to you here at TF?
That post above is 100% troll material, grow up. :(

Latest posts

Back