Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edwards Jimmy Page model....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rick66
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Edwards Jimmy Page model.... Reply with quote

hi all

during my morning internet gear for sale search surf this morning, i noticed someone has an edwards page model on ebay with a bunch of upgrades. in his description, he mentions that edwards is no longer making this model, having stopped production in 2009. is this true?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Edwards Jimmy Page model.... Reply with quote

rick66 wrote:
hi all

during my morning internet gear for sale search surf this morning, i noticed someone has an edwards page model on ebay with a bunch of upgrades. in his description, he mentions that edwards is no longer making this model, having stopped production in 2009. is this true?

Correct. Same with the Clapton Blackie Strat, Keith Richards Tele and LP Junior relics. I'd also heard they've discontinued the running line LP Juniors
rick66
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks marcus......so, it brings me to my next question: probability the edwards jimmy page will increase in value?
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The E-LP-130ALS/RE is still listed in the 2011 catalog, 2010 was the first year it actually appeared in an ESP catalog even though they had been building it for some years. I believe that is the model that is known as the Jimi Page model, the one with the super circuit.
They also list the E-LP-125ALS model in 2011, both still in production...or were when the catalogs were printed...I bet I`d see both if I went to the local ESP Big Boss store.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneakyjapan wrote:
The E-LP-130ALS/RE is still listed in the 2011 catalog, 2010 was the first year it actually appeared in an ESP catalog even though they had been building it for some years. I believe that is the model that is known as the Jimi Page model, the one with the super circuit.
They also list the E-LP-125ALS model in 2011, both still in production...or were when the catalogs were printed...I bet I`d see both if I went to the local ESP Big Boss store.

Yeah, the 130 relic is pretty much the same model but it has Duncan Antiquities in it..... I'll have to go back and look but the Jimmy Page has different Duncan's in them. Certainly, the Super Circuit pull pull pots are unique the them as well.

Also, the early Jimmy's were VERY light weight. Mine's just a hair over 7 lbs (non chambered).
rick66
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine does not have antiquities in it, something else. i have the pup types written down, however, i cant check now as i am not at home.

what year did the page model first come out? i have an '05 at home.
Big Willie Style
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The JP pickups are '59 and custom custom. (named by the department of redundancy department )

Jason

P.S. Mine weighs 7.2 lbs. non-chambered
rick66
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks big willie.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rick66 wrote:

what year did the page model first come out? i have an '05 at home.

I'm not sure.... mine's an 06
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: