Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus DUKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Greenburg the legendary session guitarist was here in my studio yesterday and played the Duke. Loved it he was also blown away by the Evertune on the custom.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally one of those black top Edwards I mentioned earlier in this thread has showed up...don`t pay any attention to the assumptions written in the thread...I saw those in Japan in the early/mid `00s and that truss rod cover as well...but I liked the color combination then and I like it now...

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/156556-help-identify-my-eddie-lp.html
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneakyjapan wrote:
Finally one of those black top Edwards I mentioned earlier in this thread has showed up...don`t pay any attention to the assumptions written in the thread...I saw those in Japan in the early/mid `00s and that truss rod cover as well...but I liked the color combination then and I like it now...

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/156556-help-identify-my-eddie-lp.html

Real nice
Udonitron
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how are the assumptions wrong?
You seem to show you know as little about it as everyone else does, right?
Fact of the matter is, it is the only one seen by most people and plenty of us are on Yahoo etc daily.
I would say it is a rare guitar
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to have first hand experience but 'seeing' those 'early/mid '00s' doesn't really say anything. So how would it be wrong thinking that one is late 90s? I would like to know too.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m just a pompous jerk of an old man...but when I saw them they were tagged as new models. You could always come to Japan and ask the shop staff though.
I`ll leave the name calling to you guys.

"...Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:28 am Post subject:
No problems Marcus, we don't all have to agree!..."

Last edited by sneakyjapan on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
GammyBird
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tits!
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneakyjapan wrote:
I`m just a pompous jerk of an old man...but when I saw them they were tagged as new models. You could always come to Japan and ask the shop staff though.
I`ll leave the name calling to you guys.

Don't you see that you are implying to have the knowledge about these models when saying not to pay attention to the ones being specific about origin and subsequently being aspecific yourself?
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw them in Japan they were tagged as new models at the time here in the local Big Boss store...if you want to read stuff into that well, I don`t have any control over that. The only knowledge I have is what I saw, I just don`t jump to conclusions as quickly as some...when did you see that model in Japan?
I have two of the LP type Edwards from the Duncan series, neither have serials...one is a 1 piece back the other 2 pieces...got them both used in `03, 2002 is the first year I see those in my ESP catalogues...the E-LP-84SD model...the ones I have...there was an up-charge for p`up covers and pick guards...came in 3 colors...violin honey burst, like I have...gold top and cherry...that year, which if I remember was the first for them, in my catalogue they are listed along side other Edwards models with the logo they used for that brand for a few years before they released the Duncan series...in 2002 there was also the custom model...E-LP-85CD in black and white...I have the single page flyer from the following year when they released other models...juniors, a 3 p`up custom among others.. I remember seeing the black top LP Duncan/Edwards locally...didn`t pay much attention because I only bought them used and had I seen a used one I would have picked it up and looked closely. Now...if you think I`m implying any special knowledge in this post theres nothing I can do about that...I can`t help what people think they see...what I write about MIJ guitars comes from the ones I actually own and/or see/have seen over here...none comes from what I read on line, some folks believe everything they read on the web, thats up to them. I read as much as I can as well, I just don`t rewrite it as fact I mean, I have always said and say to this day...even after all these years I still have many more questions than I do answers, some guys seem to think they have all the answers...I am not one of those.
So of you feel the need to call me more names by all means...feel free, I`m certain you haven`t exhausted yours entire list on me yet but I will sleep like a baby tonight...you know, I don`t know any members from any sites I visit, never met any and so do not consider any friends...acquaintances maybe, guys who share an interest in guitars but friends, no...mine are people I have actually met and known for years, don`t lose any sleep over what people on the inter net think about me, confidentially...I do have real problems to worry about.
That about covers it...not interested in mixing it up with you guys over this for pages and pages, sorry.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneakyjapan wrote:

What did I do? My only comments in this thread were compliments to Mitch on this guitar
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus...is there a full moon or something? That quote was directed at you not by you, I thought it was appropriate, guess I was wrong. It came from another thread...heres the full quote...

jacco wrote:
No problems Marcus, we don't all have to agree!

Comes from this thread, remember now? Or did you now read it originally?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18729

Last edited by sneakyjapan on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco wrote:

Don't you see that you are implying to have the knowledge about these models ...?

How ironic this comes from you...
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneakyjapan wrote:
Jesus...is there a full moon or something? That quote was directed at you not by you, I thought it was appropriate, guess I was wrong. It came from another thread...heres the full quote...

jacco wrote:
No problems Marcus, we don't all have to agree!

Comes from this thread, remember now? Or did you now read it originally?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=18729

Comment deleted..... I was trying to figure out the relevance of that.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That original thread had nothing to do with why I used that quote...I only used it for Jacco...it had nothing to do with you on my part though he had directed at you and not by the way in any demeaning manner which is why I used it in the first place, but thanks for the kind words. You know this is the only site that I have to deal with this kind of bullshit, now I remember why I stayed away for so long...who needs this ^&*(.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:

Comment deleted..... I was trying to figure out the relevance of that.

it doesn`t matter any more...I give up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: