Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus DUKE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case I forgot to mention it I'm in love with the Duke. It's amazing. I played some great tracks with it on the new CD today. It's got that extremely lively and responsive touch thing like some extremely nice vintage instruments have. But it's new so it's better in a way. It already has soul like a Vintage piece. And the tone is a bit freakish. Massive. :>) I've decided to put Ever tune on it as well. I can't deal with having to tune it so much. I'm spoiled.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bacchus headstocks under went several changes since I`ve been in Japan...when they were building clones of the US big two almost exclusively...some Riverheads were not all exact clones, some were... they had the US headstocks...once they decided to stop cloning around the turn of the millennium they came up with their own shapes and changed some of the bodies too...then they got back into cloning a couple of years later for what ever reason...and they kept some of the original headstocks they came up with, added more and also went back to the big two headstocks as well, but they had other brands too that were not all precise copies. I still have all the receipts from when I bought mine so I know about when they were made and I haven`t figured out if there is any link to the year and the serial ... I`ve had em with 4 digit serials, 5 digits and 6 digits and all bought within a few years of each other...I don`t think I`ve bought one in at least 8 years...maybe longer...I`d have to check. With the newer models one would just have to look at the catalogs to see when they were released and go from there. They used to have all the models from their original vintage series listed on the web site, been a while since I`ve been there but last time I looked they didn`t list them anymore but they used to be very helpful when I asked em questions...and I asked quite a few and kept their faxes in the pockets of the guitar cases for future reference. It`s been interesting to watch them go from guitars that literally... nobody wanted not very long ago to guitars that have become highly sought after overseas. Guess I was lucky to get in on the ground floor and pay as little as I did for em back when but the same goes for many of the older MIJs I own. I miss the good old days.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Duke headstock. I think it's perfect.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Some more pictures. Been busy playin it. :) Reply with quote

marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has turned out great!

Really looks good that colour scheme, to me anyway, because I have a baseless but significant aversion to guitars with painted necks!

I like to see that it's made of wood.

No probs with the Duke headstock from me either.
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really know what they are doing. I never told them to do a dark stain to blend with the black top. But they did and it was a good call.
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice - looks quality

Dave
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nice!! the black/dark wood combo works really well
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt like it was a risk to do it but I think the nailed it. And quality. Ah YEAH!!! All 3 are very high quality this one being the highest though. but really the classic is not far off at all. In fact my Sunburst Standard has more low end than the Duke but the Duke has an articulate high end that the Classic doesn't. And the Custom is different than both of them. But they are all 3 staring big time on the new CD and they all three are great. I can't believe I bought 3 Bacchus LPs in about 3 months. Nuts.. But I'm so glad I did it made a big difference on the CD. I'll have to take a picture of all three of them together and post it.
jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a Bacchus groupie Mitch
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Groupie? Not sure about that. FAN Absolutely. :>) The ONLY thing I don't love about the Duke is the toggle switch. I would have preferred the standard type. The Silver one is smaller than the usual and it seems a bit clunky. I'm going to suggest to them they ditch it. You can't tell what pickup you are on. It's too small. I don't like it at all. I want a normal one on it and might have one put on.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the senpai/kohai thing when you suggest something to them here...
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As to not insult them you mean? I have a very good relationship with them at this point. :>)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: