Staggered pole pieces fix (hack!)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detroitace

Reaction score
Hello,

I have this parts-caster with MIJ pickups in it that I love. However, it's got staggered pole-pieces that have always annoyed me because of the drop in volume from the G to the B strings, especially on the neck pickup. The B pole is significantly lower than the G pole and the difference in volume quite noticeable when I'm playing lead and switching between the two strings.

I didn't want to spend the money on new pickups because they otherwise sound really good and the guitar is made of cheap parts. So, I needed another solution.

Well, I solved the problem by taking apart an old pickup, cutting off a small piece of one of the poles and super-glueing it on the end of the B pole. With the extended piece of metal glued on there, the B pole is about the same height as the G pole and the volume is comparable.

Has anybody else ever done this? It seems like it's too easy to do and should have been thought of before.

-- Ace

Back