Ibanez Rocket Roll 2

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluke

Reaction score
Hey there.

(Posted this by mistake in the Tokai "Other" mij forum, apologies mod, now deleted.)

Can any of you kind souls advise if an 1982 Ibanez Rocket Roll 2 RR550 is worth much these days?

I have one identical to the guitar Paul Gilbert and BucketHead use.
It has some damage the left lower horn and the trem arm is missing off the Hard Rocker, but otherwise good shape for it's age.
I haven't made up my mind if I should sell or keep. If it's not worth a lot, I may be better hanging on to it.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/MrForgetful/All%20Guitars/82IbanezRocketRollII.jpg

I believe it to be a RR550 model, but please by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

As now one has answered and I'm a newb here I thought I would give you my opinion. IMO....................it's worth ?5,000. 8)

I wish! lol

Thanks for the reply though, I expect these guitars are extremely variable, as Vee's are not to everyone's taste.

If it's not very interesting as a seller, I'll probably just keep it.

Cheers.

Hi mate.

No not really.
If it were an 80's Artist I could tell you without a problem.

I'd like a fair price, but am unsure what that is.
My other thoughts on it are to keep it purely as a rarish guitar, that may (or not) increase in value and also because it's quite a player sounding nothing like my other guitars.

The first time I played one of these I was around 20, I think it was an RR400, but pretty much the same minus the trem.
I had a soft spot for one, so I bought this, but (seemingly) like many older players I have more guitars than shirts! lol

It's due to go in for a full service and setup soon (within 2-4wks), I'll seriously decide to sell or keep after it comes back.

It your really interested, I'll let you know before (if selling) I will stick it in the classifieds here and also on some of the Ibby forums.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Back