Bacchus BSG-68V

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveWW

Reaction score
Got my new Bacchus-68V yesterday from Ishibashi :D

The shop were great and I highly recommend them. I snapped it up and went away for a short holiday and they wouldn't let me even try to pay until I came back. The condition of the guitar if anything is better that described. I was going to buy a Pignose to make it up to the combined 50,000 yen value the ask for export but the shipping for both items was, I thought, too much. Anyway not sure they'd do this again but they let me buy the SG on it's own evn though it was well under the value they ask for foreign buyers.

The guitar itself is in nice natural relic condition. the headstock got a couple of dings that it could do with out but other than that it's like a nice pair of worn shoes. I really like the oil finish. It's not sticky at all and the neck is a smooth and dry as a babies bum. I'm surprised how thin the neck is. It's quite wide but very slim 60s style unlike any Bacchus I've tried before which have always been pretty chunky.

Sound wise I haven't cranked it up yet but plays nicely and the tone is much woodier than I would've thought. Pickups are the original 2 VH-59s and everything seems to be original as well.

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0729.jpg

A nice pick of my small but perfectly formed Bacchi collection to finish :D

IMG_0736-1.jpg

Once again Dave, a great choice of guitar, I should stop buying my own and employ you as a buyer, great taste! Fit's the collection perfectly ;)

Thanks guys. :D

John, you bought the GT and sold it to me and I think you also had a very similar SG a while back.......... :wink: Still if you want to give me cash to buy guitars that'll be fine by me. When do I start? :D

welcome to Bacchus SG family ;) You'll be surprised when you'll plug it into marshall type of amp and roll the volume up. It's a tone monster and such a toy to play

Hi Srecko, I didn't know you'd got one. Did you buy John's?

I'll definitely try cranking it up but at the minute I've got more opposition than usual as my daughters studying for exams.....

Just ordered a bell shaped TRC for it. The one fitted is original I think but the hole is unusually drilled slightly but noticeably off centre.

Dave

DaveWW said:
Thanks guys. :D

John, you bought the GT and sold it to me and I think you also had a very similar SG a while back.......... :wink: Still if you want to give me cash to buy guitars that'll be fine by me. When do I start? :D

OK I'll give you the cash, first on the shopping list is another P90 Goldtop. If you feel like you have too many Bacchi, I'll have that one back ;)

Thanks, :D I like the oil finish as well. Does anyone know how they apply the oil finish, what oil they use etc?

There,s a video on you tube titled COBH ; Bacchus 11 that shows them applying the oil with a cloth but doesn,t say what type of oil they use. There,s loads of stuff on you tube if you type in oil finished guitar and it,s either linseed oil or tung oil and i dont think it really matters, you can buy it coloured or clear and getting a good colour match would be the hardest part. Congratulations on snapping up the SG. :cry:

japtone said:
There,s a video on you tube titled COBH ; Bacchus 11 that shows them applying the oil with a cloth but doesn,t say what type of oil they use. There,s loads of stuff on you tube if you type in oil finished guitar and it,s either linseed oil or tung oil and i dont think it really matters, you can buy it coloured or clear and getting a good colour match would be the hardest part. Congratulations on snapping up the SG. :cry:

Thanks Japtone. Seems I was a bit quicker than you on the SG :wink:

Dave

At least now i know how to buy from ishibashi i,ll be in there quicker next time. Nice collection of Bacchus by the way. Question for John A i know you,ve had a few of these, do they all have the slim 60,s neck as since i,ve got the dukes i cant get on with slim necks?. Might have to consider a Momose SG.

japtone said:
At least now i know how to buy from ishibashi i,ll be in there quicker next time. Nice collection of Bacchus by the way. Question for John A i know you,ve had a few of these, do they all have the slim 60,s neck as since i,ve got the dukes i cant get on with slim necks?. Might have to consider a Momose SG.

Yes they have all had quite slim necks, I love the look of SG's I just cant get away with where the neck joins the body, at the top end I always overshot everything by two frets, if I'm not looking at the fretboard all the time.

I am joining the Bacchus SG club too now with this almost-new Bacchus BSG-CTM in blue. It was pretty nicely priced and is close to new.
It is a 2-pc body but has an ebony board. They have a neck volute on this model as well which I guess is a good idea to make the neck stronger in that area.

This is Bacchus number 4 but I think I will have to sell one now before I get carried away.

Back