Photo flame top on this Orville ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

What do you think about this Orville ?

78404571_large_v1304524683.jpg

78404513_large_v1304524655.jpg

Solid,veneer or photo flame top ?

I have seen a bunch of those around sold as photo-flames, so likely that would be another example.

Yes,my opinion too_OBGs with solid flametops are so rare that it would be really funny to find a simple Orville with such a solid killer top.

Do you mean laminate? Photo flame is different from laminate. If the top changes when you look at it from different angles then it's not a photo flame.

soundcreation said:
If the top changes when you look at it from different angles then it's not a photo flame.

+1..... easiest way to identify a fotoflame. Real wood has reflective properties. From one angle, portions of the flame will look light and dark. If you tip the guitar to another angle, the light becomes dark and vice versa. Fotos stay the same from all viewing angles

All I have are those pics unfortunately.I do not own this guitar but found her in ebay.No chance to check the top and the moron who is selling her dos not reply to any question :evil:

Latest posts

Back