Momose MC-2ST on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japtone

Reaction score
Just seen this on ebay uk from ishibashi, If you,re after one of these then best be quick as they dont usually hang around. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOMOSE-MC-2-STD-NJ-WBL-Made-Japan-Guitar-316995205-/270734187591?pt=Guitar&hash=item3f0903dc47

I played one of those when I went to japan a couple months ago. Right up there with some of the nicest strats I've ever played.

That one is... maybe just a little bit heavy for me personally - good on them for putting the weight of it (4kg), but that's 8.6 pounds.
They are very straight up and professional people over there at Ishibashi.

There have been heavier Strats over the years from Fender, so it's not the first ever 8.5 pound Strat. It must be made from the heavier type of ash.

Nice Strats though, I have one myself. I must weigh it sometime, maybe get me one of those fish weighing scale things!

I,m possibly interested in this but having always been a les paul / sg man admit ignorance, what do you think they mean by a new jaccaranda board, has it been replaced or does it mean it,s the new model ? . I probably would prefer the original yuta pickups even though i have no comparrison never having owned a strat of any type unless a yamaha rgx counts (HSS) and thought if i was going to try one and a momose couldn,t convert me then probably no strat could, Let me know your thoughts, Cheers Andy (AKA Japtone)

japtone said:
I,m possibly interested in this but having always been a les paul / sg man admit ignorance, what do you think they mean by a new jaccaranda board, has it been replaced or does it mean it,s the new model ? . I probably would prefer the original yuta pickups even though i have no comparrison never having owned a strat of any type unless a yamaha rgx counts (HSS) and thought if i was going to try one and a momose couldn,t convert me then probably no strat could, Let me know your thoughts, Cheers Andy (AKA Japtone)

Jacaranda fret board is standard for that model, and it is known as "new jacaranda" and basically means brazilian rosewood.

I think they are a great Strat, wonderful fret work and overall build quality, but I can't say exactly what that one would be like.
Pickups can be changed pretty easily, and I don't think you will find the stock pickups to be bad.

My MC-2 is from 2007 and it has the Madagascan rosewood board so it's slightly different.

Back