Gibson Les Paul Studio

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanneste

Reaction score
Pickups aside does anyone know about the electrics on these? OK or bin job?

Sound Control in the UK have just taken delivery of 250 Studios from Rosetti and are going to knock them out cheaply. Brand new wine red Studio with Gibson hard case ?749.00, with a little pressure ?699.00.

Some retailers are charging up to ?999.00, cheapest I've seen anywhere else is ?820.00.

Admittedly not as pretty as a Love Rock but Gibson residuals at this price make it quite attractive.

Mark

The electrics seem pretty standard on the LP Studio to me, 500k pots and a cap between (don't know the rating).

Pickups are the 490R/498T combo that were on Standards 'til last year.

I wouldn't change anything on mine at all, except maybe the hardiness of the gold plating which wears if you look at it. :wink:

With the Studio having a slightly thinner maple top than Standard (or Love Rock) its a very dark sounding guitar (especially with the tone controls rolled off :D ). I must admit I found the sound I was looking for quite easily, and haven't really experimented too far.

?749 is an awesome deal on an LP Studio (with case or gig bag?) seeing how Rosetti (Gibson?) have hiked the prices recently.

I'm thinking of getting another myself now! And my wife will kill me! :wink:

I bought the bugger today for ?699.00, which included the fluffy vintage style hard case that looks like a tart's handbag. Very pleased, sounds pretty good, looks real nice and the action happens to be dead right for me which is handy while I play the rascal in.

It's been quite a day. This morning the postie brought me a DVD of Stevie Ray at the El Mocambo. Dribble. Then picked up new toy before heading home only to find a courier knocking on the door with an Ibanez TS-9 modded to TS-808 (plus tweaks), arrived from the states.

Blimey.

As to the guitar I only had two quibbles. The nut is a bit pants and will have to go ASAP for a bit o' the old bone, but that was always going to be the case. The pickguard did not quite rest flush to the guitar, but quickly cured.

I find the action very fast, it all feels extremely solid and workmanlike. I love the slightly more chunky 50's profile neck. The tuners look a little dubious and I've a feeling they'll get changed, as will the pickups for a set of custom hand wound jobbies from Kent Armstrong Rewinds in the UK. No rush though. I worked the G & B nut slots for a few minutes and eliminated the dreaded pings.

So all is well, I'll sort out some pics soon.

8) 8) :D

All in all it's a terrific guitar for the dough considering the label. I'm so weak :wink:

Latest posts

Back