Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Check YOUR Power Supply...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramsale
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Check YOUR Power Supply... Reply with quote

I tried a simple tester on my home wires, and found some open grounds... They seem like they worked perfectly fine, but could pose a threat to life and limb. Others might want to check what they use at home, and don't assume that it's fine if the equipment lights up and works. Also watch for Hot/Neutral reverse...it can be a killer if you have an amp in one outlet and microphone/PA in a second one...and one is reversed... (Tester is small, inexpensive unit from Radio Shack-good insurance!)
Just a "heads-up"...
Dave
guitarboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good heads up Dave,

I once had a Marshall where the earth lead had worked loose and was touching the live pin in the plug. This meant the the amp switched on and looked fine and sounded as per normal.
However the whole of the casing and my guitar strings were live.

I found out when I walked over to the guitarist and tapped his shoulder.

I'm just glad I wasn't singing at that point!

GB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: