• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Orville by Gibson 59RI

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mono

Reaction score
This Orville by Gibson (ObG) is a 1959 Les Paul ReIssue model made in the Fujigen factory in 1995. It has a nicely-grained solid mahogany back and a solid maple top onto which a flame veneer has been applied. Here are the specs:

- 9.08 pounds (on postal scale)
- Nice rounded '59 profile neck
- Finished in proper nitocellulose laquer
- Long neck tenon
- Dark chocolate rosewood board
- Large '59 style frets
- Fret-edge binding

I'll let the pictures do the talking now:

d86171f5.jpg
IMG_0055.jpg

photo.jpg

dfee83ca-2.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

This guitar is in near mint condition, I'd give it 9 out of 10.
The only noticeable damage it has is a chip of laquer missing around the lower strap-button. I think the box was dropped in transit and the button pushed into the wood, but it holds absolutely fine. Here's a picture showing the damage:

IMG_0140.jpg

Also note that the pickups are not the original '57 Classics but are a pair very articulate Gibson 490r/t. This Les Paul has never been drilled for a pickguard and as such there isn't one included, but it does come with an Orville by Gibson soft-case.

Looking to get ?875 or $1400

I am happy to sell locally (Angel, London), ship to the UK (?30 insured), Europe (70 Euros insured) or the rest of the world ($140 insured). I have sold many items here and have 100% positive feedback over the last 4 years on eBay (powerseller243).

Thanks!

Really a nice peace of lumber and the price is really ok !
Good luck with the sale,mate :wink:

I have one that is nearly identical to this one but made in -93.
It is also not drilled for the pickguard.

However, I have all the case candy for it and there is a pickguard.
Does anyone know if they came with pickguard so the customers could choose?

I'd be pissed off if you'd posted that before it sold.
Not a question for the Classifieds section, go and post it in the Orvilles section.

actually I don't care, all of my Les Pauls are without pickguard. Why hide something beautiful?
yes, you guessed correct, I'm the new owner ot this OBG ;)

Diodibuh said:
actually I don't care, all of my Les Pauls are without pickguard. Why hide something beautiful?

You got this one and a ST80 Springy Sound from me...
Starting to build up a collection :D

Koubayashi said:
Diodibuh said:

You got this one and a ST80 Springy Sound from me...
Starting to build up a high end collection eyh :D

If ti plays/sounds half as good as it looks you`ve got an awesome LP there! Let us know how it goes.
Enjoy!

Back