Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus Vintage Series SG on eBay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveWW
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that grecoburst post reads about right to me. I don't know whether we will ever be able to get absolute facts. IMHO Bacchi are more confusing than Tokai even though they've only been around a short time!

It also explains why my (and others) very early (pre vintage series) BLS-95 doesn't have a serial number. Neither does it conflict with the 1998 and 2003/4 catalogues which are linked below. The 2003 link doesn't work anymore but the guitars are the same as in the 2004. I downloaded the 2003 quite a long time ago.

http://soarproject.com/ctlg/bacchus98.pdf

http://soarproject.com/ctlg/2004.zip

Beats me why they would have two similar spec' guitar models running at the same time though. As JohnA states the none V models in the 98 catalogue are based on price and are generally higher priced than the V series.

Dave
DaveB7
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Everyone, I guess this is a fitting a post to make my debut.
I ended up buying this guitar (I always wanted to try a Bacchus, and was looking for an SG anyway, so I made the guy an offer, he accecpted, and several days later it arrived. My first impression was that it's a well made, quality instrument, very light & well balanced, great tone even acoustically, and the Pups are some of these best I've heard. Having said that, the action was very high, (at least for me) and as the thumbscrews were down as low as they could go (Due to the three ply pickguard?) I couldn't get it any lower, also the damn thing went out of tune as soon as you looked at it!
I really don't understand that a guitar of this obvious quality, that has been around for at least 10 years, hasen't had these issues addressed!
Anyway, I took it into my guitar guy, (Eric's guitars in Van Nuys) who IMHO is the best I've ever encountered. he set it up, cutting holes in the Pickguard (to allow lowering of the bridge) don't worry, they're really not noticable, and working on the nut so it now stays in tune. the result is one of the nicest guitars I've ever played.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveB7 wrote:
Hey Everyone, I guess this is a fitting a post to make my debut.
I ended up buying this guitar (I always wanted to try a Bacchus, and was looking for an SG anyway, so I made the guy an offer, he accecpted, and several days later it arrived. My first impression was that it's a well made, quality instrument, very light & well balanced, great tone even acoustically, and the Pups are some of these best I've heard. Having said that, the action was very high, (at least for me) and as the thumbscrews were down as low as they could go (Due to the three ply pickguard?) I couldn't get it any lower, also the damn thing went out of tune as soon as you looked at it!
I really don't understand that a guitar of this obvious quality, that has been around for at least 10 years, hasen't had these issues addressed!
Anyway, I took it into my guitar guy, (Eric's guitars in Van Nuys) who IMHO is the best I've ever encountered. he set it up, cutting holes in the Pickguard (to allow lowering of the bridge) don't worry, they're really not noticable, and working on the nut so it now stays in tune. the result is one of the nicest guitars I've ever played.

Hello and welcome! Yes a very good debut post!

I was the owner of that SG, and I was wondering what happened to it after I sold it to someone in the US, and it was immediately put up for sale again under a different user name.

Yeah I think Bacchus made some errors with the early ones - that pickguard is actually 5 ply with a metal shield on the back as well. But the guitar also has a quite shallow neck angle which when combined with the very thick pickguard and the bridge used, maybe wasn't the best plan.

Yeah, I should have done a full setup on it, but I wasn't playing it really so never got around to it.

Glad you've got it sorted and playing how you like it.
DaveB7
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
yeah it really is a nice guitar, I've seen this problem before on SG's, and it's a simple fix, along with the nut, I'm just suprised that no one addressed these issues before, not that I'm complaing, it's sweet now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: