Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus CLASSIC series?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question about it. A guitar company needs to stay small to retain pride and quality. And Luis, thank you very much. I don't take anything for granted. :>)
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just letting you guys know I'll be in England playing Firefest in Nottingham on Oct 23. I may do a European tour after that in Nov. Possibly Spain, Norway and Italy. And chances are I'll be playing my custom black Duke. Or a Classic not sure.
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneakyjapan wrote:
you all should have been paying closer attention 10-15 years ago when nobody wanted Bacchus guitars...

Couldn't, the internet was not ready at that point to help us buy Bacchus until, really, the early 2000's IMO. There was no Rinkya until 2003 AFAIK and I bet it didn't work real well until 2004 probably.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Japan was in the same location then as it is today.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Malloy wrote:
Just letting you guys know I'll be in England playing Firefest in Nottingham on Oct 23. I may do a European tour after that in Nov. Possibly Spain, Norway and Italy. And chances are I'll be playing my custom black Duke. Or a Classic not sure.

no Japan tour?
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never even been to Japan much less played it. That clearly needs to change.
soundcreation
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same way with the reasons for not playing fender and gibson. They've just turned into "branding" companies. More concerned with name recognition...ie selling tshirts and key chains...than building the best possible guitars for a decent price. MIJ companies for the most part all seem to realize that a great consistent product is what will bring you profit. Maybe not every nickle you could possibly get in the short term...but in the end that strategy will back fire anyway.

And even the giant MIJ companies like ESP manufacture their MIJ products to amazing levels of quality.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Malloy wrote:
I have never even been to Japan much less played it. That clearly needs to change.

yeah you should come, everybody should see Japan at least once in a life time, as an amateur photographer this place is a never ending source for me... bands like Mr. Big, Hall and Oats, The Ventures...among many others...used to come every year, and they`d sell out. I`ve seen posters for Jeff Muldaur the past two or three years, guess he likes coming here and he plays this city when he comes.
But even as a tourist it`s a trip you`d never forget...I`ll buy you a beer at a little pub where us gaijins like to congregate.

Last edited by sneakyjapan on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sneakyjapan wrote:
you all should have been paying closer attention 10-15 years ago when nobody wanted Bacchus guitars,

In my defence I only started playing guitar around 10 years ago... would have required quite some foresight to look into a little-known brand (outside japan) before I actually started playing...

sneakyjapan wrote:

plate tectonics?
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well yeah Dave, thats valid... and I`ve only been playing for about 15 years so even though my fingers didn`t work as well as I would have liked them to at the time there was nothing wrong with my ears and eyes and in fact they were recommended to me by another gaijin who used to do the sumo television here on NHK, named Tom Quinn... we were on line at another site and I mentioned I had seen some in the local Yamaha shop and he told me to play one...I did and that was that. I spent my youth learning how to draw and paint but guitar was always on my to do list and one day I bought a guitar and was smitten...then I couldn`t stop buying them however, that seems to have petered out probably because I already have more great MIJ guitars than any one guy could use in a single life time, I have been very lucky.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had fans from Japan show up to see me last time I was in England. And they were REAL fans. But I've just never made it over. I will eventually. Now it makes even more sense working with Bacchus. My Honey burst Classic left Japan today. It's not showing up on EMS yet. I'm wondering how long it will take. Anyone know? To Nashville.
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sneakyjapan wrote:

plate tectonics?

Some parts of Japan have moved recently maybe as much as 13 feet.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/03/quake-shifted-japan-coast-about-13-feet-knocked-earth-65-inches-off-axis/1
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What amps and speakers and effects are you going to test the Bacchus with?

Do you use an attenuator or like it loud?
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm in writing mode right now so most likely I'll just plug it into my little Johnson J station through stereo speakers rig I use for massive wall of amps sound at whisper levels. But fist things first I'll play it without plugging it in for awhile. I have a recording studio in my house so I have my amps rigged up all the time. I have 4 amps I can choose from. Aiken Intruder 18 watts of gloriousness. Marshal Meets Vox. Or the Matchless head that was my idea called the Night hawk. 15 watts of glory. Voxy. Or the Matchless Spitfire. Which is more along the lines of a Fender. Amazing cleanish barking vintage sound also 15 watts. Or my modded Fender pro jr. 15 watts of Fender crunch. Not as refined as the other 3 but actually wins out over them on a lot of tracks. Those are the amps I track with. They are all fantastic. i went away from the 50 watt Marshalls when I got the Aiken and then the Matchless. I don't miss the Marshalls. I sold them. I had a bunch of the good old ones. I'm not the kind of guy that keeps stuff I don't use. I like to recycle. But I have a feeling I'll be throwing the Dry Z's in the Classic and sending it to Texas for a Ever tune bridge to be put in. They want me to endorse them and I think I will since everything I've heard and seen blows me away. But there is no turning back from that install. I can't decide if I should do the Evertune to the cheapo Greco that I LOVE or the Bacchus. I need to make the decision fast though as I am tracking guitars VERY soon for the new cd and I want the Evertune for tracking. I think? LOL Like I said you cannot turn back. once they mod your guitar for the ever tune the wood is gone. but I think it will be SO worth it.
japanstrat
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those amps sound good, mostly smaller wattage amps.

Being a bit of an amp tech, I have modded my 5 watt Epiphone Juniors to be more like Marshall circuits and they end up sounding like a Vox/Marshall cross and are great to play through.

I really like Vox's and I really like Marshalls.

What about micing the amps?

Do you use 2 mics in different positions on the speaker cones for 2 tracks and then mix the tracks together or some other micing setup?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 4 of 23

Jump to: