Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus CLASSIC series?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's nice..... love the fretboard markers - starting at the first fret. Great looking guitar and another fine example of the workmanship coming out of that factory.... Gibson should be ashamed.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost every time I play a Gibson I m disappointed.
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacco
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ow that's super nice and the first time I like a diamond inlay that isn't historically correct, beautiful!
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. The Greco I sold had a perfect one. But this guitar blows that one away even though it was very nice. But as we know Bacchus is a cut above.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guitar just rings out. Super spanky. Darker than the standard cause it's all mahogany but it's got that black beauty thing. That tone that honk that resonance. It's a great chordal guitar as well. I did a track with it on the new cd this morning that was just what it needed and none of my other guitars were able to nail. When the cd is finished I'll point it out. Great guitar and I'm seriously considering keeping the PUs in it. They sound great. Better to me in this one than the standard. I put dry zs in it and have some for this one but not sure I'll use um.
Hassouni
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do these Classics compare to the Live Road series (also, are the Live Road the same as the Vintage and the BLS-59?)? Is there any difference between them and the Tokai 160 in terms of wood and finish besides the flame and chunky neck?
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own any so I can't comment they do say though at the factory that the classic is the closest to the live road and also to a Gibson.
Hassouni
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitch Malloy wrote:
I don't own any so I can't comment they do say though at the factory that the classic is the closest to the live road and also to a Gibson.

I read that your Bacchus and your Tokai sound quite different, do you think it's just down to the pickups?
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a Tokai. Greco maybe? No I don't think it's down to just the pickups. I think Bacchus is better. I only wish I had been playing them my whole life. I love them.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Tokai LS150 and a Bacchus Classic Series Les Paul.... they sound and feel distinctly different from one another.

The Tokai is brighter - sounds great and dare I say it, predictable.

The Bacchus on the other hand, is a tad darker than the Tokai - but I like that. The pickups have great dynamics... due in part because Deviser uses different magnets for the neck and bridge pickups. Output on the bridge is very hot (14 or so) but it balances the output of the two pickups nicely - the neck pickup isn't overpowering like alot of Les Pauls are.

Both have one piece bodies, both have solid tops. Both weigh about 9lbs. But the Bacchus neck is much larger than the Tokai... Once I got used to it, I actually prefer it more.
japtone
Sus4add11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hassouni wrote:
How do these Classics compare to the Live Road series (also, are the Live Road the same as the Vintage and the BLS-59?)? Is there any difference between them and the Tokai 160 in terms of wood and finish besides the flame and chunky neck?
I have a live road which was advertised as BLS 59 and have seen them referred to as vintage series but am still new to bacchus so cannot confirm this to be true, other than what marcus has said as to constuction my live road has a medium typical 59 neck not the chunky 58 type neck like on my bacchus duke or what i have read about the classic neck, my live road is a one peice body and solid top which presumeably makes it a BLS-120 and weather or not all japanese live road models are the same i dont know, i know there are some chinese universal series with the live road decal on the headstock so be carefull take a detailed look at the headstock shape ,truss rod cover e.c.t, i will be receiving a bacchus classic sg ctm in the next week or so and am hoping that it has at least a medium 59 type neck as after getting used to the chunky duke neck slim 60,s type just feel wrong, one thing i can confirm whether old or new bacchus construction can not be beaten.
Mitch Malloy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get used to the big neck nothing else measures up. Bacchus has mojo and vibe. There is a lot of heart and pride going into them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Bacchus/Momose/Deviser All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 19 of 23

Jump to: