Another Bacchus...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozgrecofanatic

Reaction score
Well folks....

I went and did it again. Since receiving my Bacchus Strat 3 weeks ago and being blown away by it, I've just purchased this Bacchus Telecaster which also included a hard case! Got it for a pittance and really looking forward to playing it. Think I'll sell my Japanese Fender Strats and get some more Bacchus ones. The playability, sound quality and finish is just astounding!

Have a look at the Tele here. I'd be interested to know what model if anyone can help...

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h149034543

It's a new addiction......... :eek:

Dave

Very nice! Should be great. :D

Don't think I've seen a natural finish Bacchus Tele with a rosewood board before and I'm not sure of the model. Could be the bridge has been replaced.

Be sure to give us a full report and lots of pic's when it arrives.

Dave

soundcreation said:
Looks like the original vintage series. Nice score indeed!

Technically, it's not a Vintage Series - 22 fret neck, but since the build quality would be identical there seems no reason to think it's any different to a Vintage Series. The bridge may be original in light of my opinion?

It looks extremely nice! Woods look great, and to be honest, the 6 saddle bridge is less hassle than the 3 saddle one, and you could easily change it to a 3 saddle if you wanted.

Believe it or not, the price is pretty fair for Japan - I've been watching Yahoo for a couple of years, and they do continue to go for these prices from time to time. Of course, for us lot outside of Japan we are effectively paying about 18k to 20k more for a guitar than the locals, so the value of the guitar is probably more in line with the shipped price IMO.

Yep, you got a good deal! :)

Yes, 22 frets. Well spotted.

Just to clarify I wasn't being critical of the bridge. I agree the 6 piece design is easier to adjust and an improvement IMHO. I fitted a mastery bridge to mine and it's a huge improvement over the old fender 3 screw type.

Interesting guitar - perhaps it's order made?

Dave

Thanks for the replies you guys :D

I was curious about the rosewood neck myself because the body really looks like it should be mated to a maple neck a la '52 Reissue territory!
I know that many of the Japanese guitar builders make special runs of guitars and that keeping "records" as we know it are not really a priority ( or accurate either). Maybe this is such a guitar.

As far as I'm concerned these Bacchus guitars are unbelievable value for money. My Strat is just fantastic! I cannot put the **** thing down. I also own an original Fullerton 1982 Telecaster and will be A-B-ing these 2 to test the sonic differences. The Bacchus Tele also has the Yuta pickups which I really do like a lot. Very punchy and "biting".

Will try to post pictures of both.

All the best.

Dave

I have an oil finished double bound tele type that came with the same saddles and bridge only in gold...mine was original, and has an ebony fretboard. I used to be able to get Bacchus new for that price in this city at LAOX, which is not even a guitar chain...it`s an electronics chain that had guitars in the basement and I was told by staff they got guitars from other stores in Japan that couldn`t sell them so they were going cheap...and thats why I have 13...14 counting the Momose Hamiltone clone that shop staff told me was an order made for some guy who played SRV on the gar circuit in Japan. I don`t watch electric guitars as much as I used to on line here but when I do I haven`t seen many Bacchus go for that little these days, got two on my watch list now that are over 50,000 yen, not that I have an interest in bidding but I do want to see how much they go for. Got mine at least 10 years ago, maybe more, and passed on so many that, looking back now, I should have bought but I`m not complaining...I already have more fabulous guitars than any one player could possibly need in a single life time. I have been very fortunate.

Sneaky, long time no see man. You still living in Japan? I was back over to Tokyo last January and the prices have gone through the roof on anything even close to vintage consideration. I did pick up a Bacchus BST-118 (special order maybe??) in black oil finish. Nice guitar. Anyways, it was my last hurrah for Tokyo as I'm finally, after 10 years, moving home next summer. Already told the wife I want tickets to an 'Habs game for Xmas next year! :wink:

Jason (from NB)

Big Willie Style said:
Sneaky, long time no see man. You still living in Japan? I was back over to Tokyo last January and the prices have gone through the roof on anything even close to vintage consideration. I did pick up a Bacchus BST-118 (special order maybe??) in black oil finish. Nice guitar. Anyways, it was my last hurrah for Tokyo as I'm finally, after 10 years, moving home next summer. Already told the wife I want tickets to an 'Habs game for Xmas next year! :wink:

Jason (from NB)

still here for now, have talked it over with the wife and we will begin visa proceedings early in the new year...time to go. Speaking of which...is your wife Korean? I`m curious about the spouse visa thing.

Well guys here's another one WITH a hardcase and at a very reasonable price. Any takers on this fine Bacchus Telecaster? :wink:

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e110806105

Dave

Hey mate! What would you like to know? It's actually very easy to sign up and the process of buying my Strat went very smoothly. Typical Japanese company. Organised, efficient and cordial.

You know you want it! Lake Placid Blue...mmmm

*checking bank balance*

Dave

ozgrecofanatic said:
Hey mate! What would you like to know? It's actually very easy to sign up and the process of buying my Strat went very smoothly. Typical Japanese company. Organised, efficient and cordial.

You know you want it! Lake Placid Blue...mmmm

*checking bank balance*

Dave

Pretty sure they are american...but obviously have a good connect and set up in japan.

Is Rinkya the Japanese version of eBay?

Do you just register via the home page?

Are they cool with Iternational sales (well, obviously they are?

Any issues to be concerned with?

Just make sure you fully understand all of the fees and charges as they can add up to more than you expect.

I used Japan Auction Centre because you can deposit money to bid with using paypal if you want.

Dave

marcusnieman said:

No, Yahoo Auctions Japan is the Japanese version of ebay and you need to live in Japan to register, also most sellers won't ship internationally.

Rinkya is a company that bids on Yahoo Japan on your behalf (for a comission), re-packages the items and posts them on (for a comission)

Fees are the big thing to watch for it can be a shock the first thing you buy!!

Their service is excellent, and the packaging which used to be a bit flakey is now also superb, big boxes and lots of packing, which although safe means big shipping charges!

JohnA said:
marcusnieman said:

No, Yahoo Auctions Japan is the Japanese version of ebay and you need to live in Japan to register, also most sellers won't ship internationally.

Rinkya is a company that bids on Yahoo Japan on your behalf (for a comission), re-packages the items and posts them on (for a comission)

Fees are the big thing to watch for it can be a shock the first thing you buy!!

Their service is excellent, and the packaging which used to be a bit flakey is now also superb, big boxes and lots of packing, which although safe means big shipping charges!

Are the fees set or do they vary? Do you know the fee basis BEFORE you pull the plug on something?

Check the fee calculator here :

http://www.rinkya.com/frames.php?URL=https://auction.rinkya.com/shopping/itemfee.htm

A guitar like a Bacchus Strat for example would be 50,000 Yen ($540US)

Postage rates are here:

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/fee/intel/ems.html

A guitar with case and packing would be approx 10kg (10000g)

Rinkya add 25% to postage for the re-packing which is pretty reasonable IMO

If you're too lazy :wink:

50,000 Yen quiter fees would be $40US
shipping 14,000 Yen + 25% = $190

so for a $540 guitar you would pay 540 + 40 + 190 = $770 + any import duty you get charged

in the UK that's soon going to be 20% of the full $770 so total for the guitar $924

When I first bought a guitar on Rinkya the exchange rate was in my favour, but now it's terrible, so unless something really special pops up I won't be buying from Japan via Rinkya :(

Latest posts

Back