Specifics of this Greco?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kill kerensky

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i'm askin' specifics of this other Greco i own.
It's a greco Super Power custom, year 1982, fret-edge binding, Eg 500 (there's the sticker on the back of the headstock).
I would understand which kind of pickups are installed.
There's no number or nothign on them...

Here is a pic:

I have the same model from 1980 with the split diamond Gibson style headstock inlay.

From the 1981 Catalog I believe the pickups were called UD, those are the ones I have in mine but they are unmarked.

From what I have read, in 1982 things changed to the Mint Collection Series and that model disappeared. There are a bunch of transition models with old/new pickups but if yours are unmarked they are probably the UD model.

Here is what might be a mid-82 brochure:
tmc_6.jpg

Cheers,

Wulfman

I don't know much about them other than they are in lower Greco models from that time. They are ok pickups but I find the neck pu has too much bass and power.

Thank you.
I like them a lot and found them better (for my tastes, of course) than famous pickups like SD or DiMarzio...

Good to hear that you like them. I think they are good pickups in general but I definitely like some SDs as well. I find I need to adjust my amplifier differently depending on the pickups. It is nice to have some variety in sounds, we would be all bored if all pickups sounded the same.

Latest posts

Back