4 way switch /telecaster

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japaxes

Reaction score
hi guys , just fitted a four way switch to a telecaster, wiring diagram ok though a lot of people have had problems , just remember to put a direct earth from the pick up cover (neck) and remove the link wire from pick up to cover . all went realy well .. untill refitting the control plate .
Got the extra sound (position 4) got neck pick up (position3) got neck/bridge(position2) but no bridge pick up /on its own (position 1)
only neck/bridge as position 2?
Dropped it round to a tech friend of mine & after checking the wiring he agreed it was as per the diagram. It eventualy worked out that the slot cut out on standard telecasters (f****r/tokai/greco) is too small to allow
the four way switch to make contact on the last position.So please be aware of this as they do not mention this when you buy the switch. Hope it helps ....japaxes

Sounds like you've had some fun! I had similar issue with a switchcraft switch on an LP. There wasn't enough room in the cavity.

Thanks for letting us know.

Dave

Yeah thanks, that's a useful piece of info, because when I eventually get my Telecaster I definitely want to put one of those 4 position set-ups on it!

JVsearch said:
Yeah thanks, that's a useful piece of info, because when I eventually get my Telecaster I definitely want to put one of those 4 position set-ups on it!

I had to bend the contacts to 90 degrees on the bottom or I would have had to carve out an extra channel to make it fit.

I have a new ate50 and am wwaiting for my baja wiring kit with s1 to arrive, so will update wether I have to butcher the guitar

good luck with that ,have not got round to fitting s1 switching yet . But had a hell of a job finding a gold s1 knob .(cost me just as much in postage as cost of the knob,god theres the market to be in)

Latest posts

Back