• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Burny FB-90 Firebird - $795 deliverd CONUS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrxplayer

Reaction score
From the previous owner (who knows much more than I about MIJ guitars): "This is a 1980's Burny FB 90 Firebird V that was made in Japan. This guitar is in great condition. It is a very nice Vintage Sunburst and has a very pretty fretboard with about 95 % fret life remaining. This guitar was made during a period where they were selling them for Greco and Orville also I believe....Possibly a bit earlier. This Firebird has a 2 piece center seam body with a long neck tenon joint. Most all Orville and Greco Firebirds that I have seen from the era are 3 piece bodies rather than 2. This guitar also has a 1 piece neck with the tenon set in nice and long(Also stamped in the neck cavity).... Basically all the way through the neck cavity. It also has the maple trussrod plug that I have yet to see on a Firebird from this era. The headstock has a few dings here and there. Nothing more to note. The tuners are banjo style tuners other than on the low E string which has a replacement tuner (there are no extra screw holes). The mini humbuckers are unreal and are the hardest thing for me to part with. They appear to be on their original solderings and have braided wiring for both pickups. All of the hardware is naturally aged nickel plated. This is a great deal for a rare 20+ year old Burny that has hardly been played."

Neck is FANTASTIC and definitely beefy. Pickups not as thick as standard humbuckers but thicker than most single coils. Kind of hard to describe. Perhaps similar to a cleaner P90? This comes with a brand new Epi Firebird case. This guitar will hold its own compared w/ a vintage Gibson and then some. $795 paypal'd and delivered CONUS. Many pics here (one below): http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...Burny%20FB-90/

Also on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260693149730&_trksid=p2762.l1259#ht_1313wt_1139

The best way to contact me is via email at [email protected]. Lots of references here and 300+ on ebay (nycbiddingfool).

Thanks for looking.

Evan

burnyfirebird228.jpg

Latest posts

Back