Regarding Final Prospec vs. TOKAI stamped saddles

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apmechling

Reaction score
Hey -

Simple question -

I saw a 7okai Springy Sound L Series '50s reissue in black recently and it had the "Final Prospec" saddles I usually only see on Goldstar Sounds.

I thought Springy Sounds always had "TOKAI" stamped saddles, but I could be wrong...

Sorry - I should have put this post in the other section about guitars. :oops:

I'd move it, but I haven't figured out how yet :oops: :evil: :oops:

These emoticons are addictive... maybe relatives of the decepticons...

Not necessarily so: I've got a Springy Sound with Tokai saddles (and Tokai stampled on the machine heads); I've got a breezysound with 'Deluxe' machine heads and final prospec on the bridge. From what I remember, the springy sound is a 1979 guitar and the breezysound is a 1980 or 1981 model (both carry the 7okai logo); therefore there must have been a cross-over period where the 7okai logo was used with hardware more commonly associated with Goldstar sounds and the modified Tokai logo.

The only thing about your post that I don't understand though, and maybe someone else can help out here, the L series is associated with the early 60's guitars with rosewood boards. - can anyone assist with this?

Hope this helps you out on the hardware issues!

TommyR

My Springy Sound with 7okai logo has Final Prospec stamped on the bridge and deluxe on the tuners. SIN is 12912 . So it could be a transitional model as well.

Well ****! :cry:

I passed up quite a few good deals on Springy Sounds because they had the "Final Prospec" saddles.

I guess we're saying that late-model Springy Sounds probably had the "Final Prospec" saddles as original parts and if you had an older Springy Sound with them, they're probably replacements?

That makes sense. This post is quite useful because a lot of people wonder if their saddles were ever changed. This will help them with that :)

Latest posts

Back