Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai JAPAN appear to be making Fender bass copies again!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fender32
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Tokai JAPAN appear to be making Fender bass copies again!!! Reply with quote

I was just having my weekly trawl throught the Tokai bass sales on ebay UK, when I saw this listing for a brand new TJB50 ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-TJB50-Jazz-Bass-Tweed-Case-White-/400169907828?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5d2bfc3674

They also offer a TPB50 ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-TPB50-P-Bass-Hard-Puncher-Case-Golden-S-Burst-/360316456514?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item53e488ce42

Is this true? Are Tokai really re-making those classic Fender copies of the '80s? It even looks as though these basses have the correct (Fender) shape headstock, but then it could just be clever photography !? Great news for bassists everywhere if it's true - bad news for the prices of vintage ones though, perhaps .

Does anyone have any further info on this ?
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No info, but there are "correct headstock" Tokai Strats & Teles for sale in the UK, so it's no great surprise if there are basses too. An ad. for a pink Paisley Tele recently appeared - it's all been Sunburst stuff so far, so maybe the range is getting bigger?

Mike
Dave_Mc
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

They've been on the Tokai Japanese website for a while, guess they've finally made it here now.
Fender32
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, they're on the Tokai.co.uk website now as well ...

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=130&category_id=18&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

If I was still active as a bass collector, I'd buy one of these and give it a whirl, even at 750GBP. Something tells me that they won't sell very well in Europe though (too much competition in this sector of the market now), so they may not be around for very long . Who knows!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: