My new edition: A Limited Edition

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipps

Reaction score
Just got this all up and running. What turned out as an ad on a local Yorkshire website, turned out into a mini-epic where the owner had actually moved to Cyprus, so it took a while to get hold of it, but I reckon it's worth it.

It's very black. Great strap by Dickies...

Still has the Tokai bridge pup, with a Seymour Jazz in the neck. Both are loud and lovely sounding. Three way selector, which I'm tempted to rewire to a five-way. It's routed for three humbuckers under the hood.

Hard to tell if it's a lam' or a slab board but I reckon it's a slab.

I'm not usually a fan of painted necks, but this seems appropriate (and black!) There's a very black theme.

I'm not keen on the look of the tuners, though they seem to work just fine.

Is it mid 80s Goldstar era? Help welcome

And, while I'm here, a shot of my legendary Edwards LP Jr... Which I still have :)

That's an ominous silence after 45 views...
Have I just bought the mystical Black Guitar of Doom? :)

Perhaps no one likes the jaunty strap.
Any ideas on dating it?

Like the guitar, and the strap too ;) It must be my age but I have a huge soft spot for Super Strats :D

Me too - a product of getting into guitars in the late '80s. I already have a fire crackle Charvel, a Vai style Ibanez and a home made (in '87) multi colour rattle-can Floyd Rose superstrat...

Chipps said:
Me too - a product of getting into guitars in the late '80s. I already have a fire crackle Charvel, a Vai style Ibanez and a home made (in '87) multi colour rattle-can Floyd Rose superstrat...

I said "soft spot", not an obsession You got spandex and head scarf too? :wink:

No, I missed out on the long hair and spandex (though I think I did have some stretch Wranglers when I was 19...)

I still want a George Lynch Kamikaze ESP guitar. And a Kramer Nightswan... Oh, and a JEM too I guess. And...

I do maintain that a bridge humbucker and neck single coil is the best of all pickup combinations though.

Nice guitar especially being vintage trem type without the headstock string bar :D , some Limited Editons types like this also in HH and HSS form. Re dating do you have a picture of the neck & body code : :D

Back