Legends of Rock Tour

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schenker sold his V's !!!!!!

Aaaaaaghhhhh

The King without a V - the country without a King.........
and so the whole of Europe entered a period of darkness

GB

Well, I know of a 58 Tokai V going for a very reasonable ?1500.....no?.....how about ?600 then?..... :D

I'm sure I remember reading an interview with him where he said he once locked himself in a room and learned to play the guitar with his feet. Can you confirm Barry? I'd be worried if I'd dreamt it! :)

Dug out and dusted off the UFO strangers album last night

**** **### **** me sideways

What was he 18?

Think I'll get a TOKAI V and a big mirror and turn the volume on the stereo up

LET'S ROCK!!

GB

Barry, go here:

http://home.xnet.com/~tlma/jan88.htm

and do a search for 'feet'.

Your apology is accepted in advance :wink:

I'm not sure exactly how old he was, but he was around that age.

The thing is though that I remember seeing a UFO live 'strangers' video with Schenker on a white V with long blonde hair just a blowin' in the wind (from his Marshal wall I suppose).

Does anyone know if there is anything like that available now?

GB

I still haven't got over when he cut his hair on leaving UFO. Or leaving UFO for that matter. It all just hurts a guy, you know.

:eek:

:eek: Back in 1979 in my hometown of Miami Florida I was newly divorced playing in a band in the Ft.Lauderdale,Hollywood Beach and South Miami bar and club circut. A cocktail waitress I was seeing brought this 15 yr old sinny little boy with feathered hair to the bar and said you gotta hear him play! We brought him in the back door with his Les Paul Black Beauty under his arm, This club had 2 bands every night, mine was a more retro Who , Kinks British Invasion deal with origanals mixed in, The other band did the Van Halen heavy metaltype of music. The kid plugged in and tore into "Eruption" and blew the roof of the place! Three weeks later and a lot of exposure he was on his way to L.A. to replace Danny Johnston in Derringer! Pat Thrall and Tommy Aldridge {Pat Travers Band} and Doc McGee set this up , Saw the kid a couple of years later when he came to town with his bassist,Billy Shehaan The Kid was Mitch Perry and he is a Monster !and one of the most humble and gifted guys you'll ever meet! ... the cocktail waitress ? She ran off to see the world with Tommy never to be heard from again!

I've seen Marino back when he was channeling the Spirit of Hendrix :roll: then the acid wore off, he switched to SG's and slugged it out on the B band circit in the 70's playing guitar battles with Nugent, Seger and Mike Pinera on the roof of the Drive-in theater! I swear to god , at a Drive-in theater in Ft.Lauderdale Fla! He's no MS!

I saw Frank Marino at Port Vale football ground in '81 - I was a very young sweaty at the time :lol:

I really don't remember much of his playing - that memorable

At the same gig I also saw Randy Rhodes with the Blizard of Oz
he was stunning!

Finally Motorhead came on and deafend everyone - I've still got the tinitus :D

GB

Back