Scratch plate or no scratch plate?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydogiszen

Reaction score
So here's the dilemma. Do I fix the scratch plate to my new (to me) LS1000 or leave it off? It looks cool off, but will I still think so when I've scratched the wood :roll:

It's a preference issue, but I like the classic look of an LP with the pick guard on. The good thing is it's a very quick change so you can try it both ways. I have all three of mine on at this time. Enjoy the new axe!

LP with humbuckers - no scratchplate
LP with P90s - scratchplate.

That's what works for me.

8)

Mike

It's not a matter of appearance for me.... it's more for function. The pickguard gets in the way - I can dig into the strings better without it there.

As for scratching the wood - just put the pickguard back on and you'll never see it. :wink:

stratman323 said:
LP with humbuckers - no scratchplate
LP with P90s - scratchplate.

That's what works for me.

8)

Mike

I like em both without:

086.jpg

140.jpg

048.jpg

I would prefer without ! I was so lucky to get my OBG without a hole as there was never a pickguard mounted and until now there is not one scratch or trace in this area from a pick or my fingers.If your LS 1000 is already with a hole do what you want but please don't drill a hole in your wonderful top :cry:

t.olsen said:
I would prefer without ! I was so lucky to get my OBG without a hole as there was never a pickguard mounted and until now there is not one scratch or trace in this area from a pick or my fingers.If your LS 1000 is already with a hole do what you want but please don't drill a hole in your wonderful top :cry:

Decision made - I won't drill a hole and if it gets scratched I can always drill a hole later :D

Latest posts

Back