Help Needed: EG600 LP MIJ Is it Made In Japan?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wojtek

Reaction score
Hi Dear Greco maniacs,

I'm willing to buy this beautiful guitar. Owner claims that it is Made In Japan and is equipped with maxon pickups, and is made from mahogany (body and neck) Could You just take a look on it a tell me what You see? Here is the link to pictures.

http://www.aukcjoner.pl/gallery/002543533-EG600.html#I6

Greetings from Poland
Wojtek
(i hope future owner of Greco EG600 LP MIJ) :wink:[/url]

Jeżeli nie ma śladu po nr seryjnym, to raczej koreaniec. Jak masz możliwość ogrania to sprawdź jak gada.

pozdrawiam

No serial, black painted electronics cavity and pickup cavities and colorful pickup wires are signes of a MIK Greco. Since this guitar is all black anyway, the argument about painted cavities might not be useful here, because the cavities could be painted anyway, but you should ask the seller for pics of all that I listed. Also - take a look at my thread on confirmation of some other greco, you can find useful info there. It was from the same seller.

Another thing - as I said - I was inquiring about a different greco from the same seller. I had a suspicion that it was MIK, and the guys here from the forum helped me to confirm that for sure. I informed the seller about that, and gave all the evidence (he was stating that it was MIJ). He acknowledged that it's MIK, thanked me for the input and didn't change the auction at all, even though he relisted the item several times later on. So just be careful with this guy.

Pozdro ;)

Latest posts

Back