New to Bacchus Telecasters...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIJorMIK

Reaction score
Wondering what model a 1990's Bacchus Vintage Series sunburst telecaster with double-binding and professionally installed bigsby might be model wise for reference sake? If the Stratocaster replica family at Bacchus is BST-XXX can it be assumed BTE-XXX for Telecaster? Could anyone comment on neck thickness on the Tele models that Bacchus has produced so I have some idea what I need in a Bacchus guitar. Also are the necks generally maple or rosewood? Finally, its said to have P90's pups if that helps identify the model number. Sorry I don't know how to attach pictures yet :(

Hi, see below my Bachus BTE-67 BG :D

IMG_0203.jpg

I absolutely love it. The neck is C in profile not quite as thin as my tokai springy but I wouldn't describe it as thick neck. Mine has an original factory fitted bisgby.

Most of the Teles I've seen had maple necks but there are some bound body rosewood boards in the catolgues. There were also a lot of special shop order bacchi around so anything is possible. Please post pictures - just upload to photobucket.com and paste the image link. WE'd love to see it :)

THANKS DAVE...was just admiring your beautiful Telecaster with the Bigsby earlier in the archive forum discussion...great guitar it appears. I took your suggestion and have created a photobucket picture of the Telecaster I found for sale. Hope this helps identify the model, the corresponding neck size (I don't have pro basketball player sized fingers) and from its general condition what you think it might be worth USD..I know the later is a WAG but a ball park would help. Thanks to all who've contributed..

http://s907.photobucket.com/albums/ac278/N91592/

Nearest I can find is the BCT-67 which retailed at 126,000 Yen in 2004 the last year of the vintage series. Can't quite see from your pic's if it was an aftermarket fitted bigsby and the P90 and black pickguard could well be a fairly common upgrade. They would have had to route the pickup cavity to fit it.

BCT-67.jpg

We'd need better pic's to be 100% sure that it is a vintage series but it does look like one that had a few mod's. You'll have to make up your own mind what it's worth now as the market is difficult at the moment and there's some bargain about!

Dave

Latest posts

Back