Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

London Prices

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
McRonson
Plucker


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: London Prices Reply with quote

I was in London's Denmark Street this February and I was shocked at the prices of the MIJ Love Rocks - ca. ?900.00 on average!

Bit of a shock compared to prices of Tokais where I live which is about ?600.00 for an MIJ Love Rock, etc. Anyone else shocked by the discrepancy in RRP for these fab guitars?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stratman323
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Macaris & look at ALL their prices!



Mike
Back to top
Diamond
Guitar God


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 1650
Location: ZA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: London Prices Reply with quote

McRonson wrote:
I was in London's Denmark Street this February and I was shocked at the prices of the MIJ Love Rocks - ca. ?900.00 on average!



Correct price...well done Denmark street.

How much were the Gibsons in Denmark street...?1,800.00?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
McRonson
Plucker


Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

?1,800.00 for Gibsonson Denmark St.?

Probably. I'm in Glasgow and XXXXXX do 'em for ?600.00 or so.

Is that cheap? Being crapola at guitar and already owning an SG Special White Faded, I can't justify another expensive guitar...or can I?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stratman323
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: London Prices Reply with quote

Diamond wrote:
How much were the Gibsons in Denmark street...?1,800.00?


Both Macaris shops had Gibsons, & I think ?1800 was around the starting price, they were mainly around ?2000 to ?2300. Mind you, Macaris have always been expensive, even for the West End.
Back to top
stratman323
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16851
Back to top
marcusnieman
Guitar God


Joined: 22 May 2003
Posts: 8764
Location: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: London Prices Reply with quote

McRonson wrote:

Bit of a shock compared to prices of Tokais where I live which is about ?600.00 for an MIJ Love Rock, etc. Anyone else shocked by the discrepancy in RRP for these fab guitars?


I for one, have no clue where you live.... it would be nice if you put that on your profile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Diamond
Guitar God


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 1650
Location: ZA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: London Prices Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Diamond wrote:
How much were the Gibsons in Denmark street...?1,800.00?


Both Macaris shops had Gibsons, & I think ?1800 was around the starting price, they were mainly around ?2000 to ?2300. Mind you, Macaris have always been expensive, even for the West End.


That's what I thought.

In general, Tokais cost about half of what Gibsons cost.
In SAfrica a LP Standard costs, after store discount, around R 26,000..a Tokai LS98F about R 12,500

Let's put it this way...I wish I had my own music stores.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
stratman323
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: London Prices Reply with quote

Diamond wrote:
Let's put it this way...I wish I had my own music stores.


Don't you?
Back to top
Diamond
Guitar God


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 1650
Location: ZA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: London Prices Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
Diamond wrote:
Let's put it this way...I wish I had my own music stores.


Don't you?


I supply music stores, I wish I owned one or two.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group