Youtube recording techniques?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJzT

Reaction score
I've been scrolling through youtube as im sure everybody else for years now. I have an account, but its only some really shoddy hand held recordings of some really really old gigs of mine.

Anyway I was after a bit of advice on recording tips and techniques for Youtube.
I've got a few toys i'd like to do some videos of, not for ego massaging or anything like that (thats why i've always fought against this sort of thing, im not a teacher by any means! And who really wants to see me widdling along? When you can see (insert famous name here) soloing? )

At the moment the only piece of hardware i have for recording video is an iphone. Which lets be honest, isnt up to the job. Same old dilemma, i dont want to spend loads, but i want it to be reasonably professional.

any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/sambenenge

Don't ask me about professionalism...lol. Get yourself as decent a camera as you can afford, preferably with a line in so that you can hook up a decent mike. I'm just using a Kodak Zi8, which is like a flip camera, but with a line in. I use a cheap $3 stereo mike that I bought off ebay.

I'm wanting to do a lot more videos, but haven't had time lately.

If you want to see professionalism and sheer class, then check out the Evolution of Rock Guitar video in my Favourites.

If you are doing a guitar demo, be sure to point the camera directly at your crotch and leave it there for the whole song. That seems to be how most people make their videos :-?

Cali Girl said:
If you are doing a guitar demo, be sure to point the camera directly at your crotch and leave it there for the whole song. That seems to be how most people make their videos :-?

LMFAO! :lol:

Cali Girl said:

And if you could try to master scat singing, like the legendary Koiz does, we would all be very grateful & enjoy your videos much more. :wink:

Back