Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai VX-55?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KayleighS
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Tokai VX-55? Reply with quote

A while ago I asked for help identifying my guitar from a page out of a 1984 catalog. The guitar on that page turned out to be a Tokai VX-55. But now I'm not so sure anymore if my guitar is the same as the one from the catalog. And since I'm planning on selling the guitar, so I can buy a new one I want to be absolutely sure about the model and type. So I figured I better make some photos of my guitar instead of using the catalog page for identification. So would anyone be so kind to tell me if my guitar is indeed a vx-55? (http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/tokai/1984/en_11.html)
Thank you!

btw: Serial Number on the back is: 4017101

Freebird
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the catalog information, it looks like a VX-45 to me. The VX-65 has a Kahler/FLoyd Rose style tremolo with locking nut. The VX-55 had only one pickup with the Kahler and locking nut.
KayleighS
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks! That was really helpful. I'm still learning a lot about guitars, so it's good to know what makes the difference between a VX 45 and 55. Thanks again!
shady ultima
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump, but, I felt this could be helpful.

Looking at the serial number, seeing as it starts with the number 40, I would assume the guitar is probably from 1985, where they made the VX 40.

I'm also interested in how much you would be looking for for the guitar?
tokaitone101
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Tokai Van Halen Strat Reply with quote

Tokai Van Halen Stratocaster - 1980s Tokai Guitars are cool...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: