Amp question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobK

Reaction score
Got asked this question by a guy in work...I dont know the answer, though Im guessing yes..

A valve goes in a valve combo. No sound, kapput! Can you just plug a head into it and use it, so to speak, as a speaker?

JohnA said:
If you are just using the combo as a speaker cab make sure the combo is switched off.

Yes, and I would go a step further and disconnect the speaker connections from the combo to the speaker terminals, and make up a speaker lead to go from the speaker in the combo to whatever connector is present on the head you're going to use.

Having other elements present in the circuit between the output of an amp and a speaker is not for me - even if there's no power in the combo, I want to be sure!

I think his thinking is in a live situation. ie To Bring along a spare head just in case a valve in the valve combo goes. ie Just put the spare head on top and plug in...

My advice to him was use a decent solidstate!

Thanks for replies.

bob

Ah, ok, then the best solution is for your friend to buy a speaker box to go with the other head and have them both on stage with him!

Latest posts

Back