An evening of Strats

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipps

Reaction score
4836886349_29febf1722.jpg

My pal Dave came round last night to try some guitars. He's after a new Strat and isn't sure what he wants, so I dug out all of my Strat-shaped guitars for him to play on.

From the left: Pink Fender Japan '54 (with Rio Grandes), Oly white Fender MIJ '62 (with Tex Specials), a Sheffield-made relic nitro '62 Strat (with Seymour Antiquities), my Fender (or 'Fender' I'm still not sure) SRV guitar, my '81 Springy Sound and finally a newish Mexican '62.

Interestingly, his favourites from the evening were the pink Strat (which used to be his before he sold it to me) and the Springy Sound.

Look for a new member to this forum called Dave to appear shortly :)

As in 'The Pink is the first on the left'? Or 'The Pink is the best ever!'? :)

Strangely, the pink one sounded the most 'Stratty' of all of them.

Nice selection of guitars. Just looking at the amp in the background. I've heard great things about Cornell Amps. Apparently great lows/bass. What model is that Stratman and how does it compare to Marshall and Peavey?

Justin Connolly said:
Nice selection of guitars. Just looking at the amp in the background. I've heard great things about Cornell Amps. Apparently great lows/bass. What model is that Stratman and how does it compare to Marshall and Peavey?

Mine is the Romany Plus - I needed something with reverb, & the ordinary Romany doesn't have reverb.

http://www.dc-developments.com/cornell_romany_plus_combo.htm

As Dennis explains it, it's based on the circuitry of an old Champ, so it's a fair bit fatter & warmer than my Vibroverb, for example. Very 50s Fender sort of sound, & you can get proper valve overdrive at living room volumes.

Where are you based? I drove down to Dennis' place in Southend to get mine, & I had the chance to try various other models while I was there.

For those who like Marshalls, he does his Plexi range. I tried one of them, but they also have no reverb, so no use to me!

Back