New member-breezy sound query

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yann

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm a big tokai fan. I have a couple of guitars, but my tele copy has lain unplayed in its case for a few yrs :cry:
got it out the other day, still in tune! heheheheh
I've never really bothered about 'what it was' until i was told about this site :wink:
I bought it in cardif, wales, approx 83' (brand new) it's a very pale butterscotch (my best description) with a slight hint of the grain showing through with a maple neck (stripe on back of neck) the headstock is the 'smaller type' with tokai breezy sound on it (a t' in tokai not the f' type)-the bridge is a 6-piece one with tokai stamped on it, the pickguard is black, the only identification on it (that i know about) is the serial no. on neck plate-230332
it plays (& sounds) beautifully, I just wanted to know more :D
I can post pics once i learn how......
any ideas???
cheers, yann

Welcome. It sounds nice, it'll be good to see it. You need to join a free pic hosting site such as www.photobucket.com - it's easy. Load your pics there, then post the link to your pics page so we can see them.

The more detail you can show us, the easier it will be to pin down exactly which model it is.

Mike

Thanks a lot i will try a few pics now.
Looking at a similair post though, you'll want me to take the neck off??
if u need clearerpics, just say & i'll borrow better cam http://www.flickr.com/photos/52318037@N07/ -cheers yann

It would be interesting to see what is stamped on the neck butt, but if you bought it from new, there's no need to check if it's a fake or not - nobody was making fake Tokais in 1983!

It all looks fine, it's basically Tokai's version of an early 50s blackguard Tele. The 6 saddle bridge is "wrong" for a vintage copy, but I reckon that Tokai bridge is a big improvement on the "correct" Fender type.

Two questions. Are you sure it was 1983 when you bought it? Does that date come from a receipt, or just your memory?

Second, when it was new, it should have had two paper stickers on the back of the neck, like this one.

124_2439.jpg

Did you remove them?

Hi thanks for replying-mrs. found the receipt (bless her) :wink:
it was 89' cost ?334 & i pxed' a yamaha sg' type for ?100
so, well worth the ?234 i'd say :D
i am going to look at neck at some point-what am i looking for there?
I don't think there were japan stickers on it, i'm guessing the shop removed them when they did the pickup switch & set it up (what the chap called 'doing the octaves')
cheers yann

Ah, I thought 1983 seemed too early. Shame the shop removed the stickers, it was the black sticker that indicated the model number, I'm not sure how to tell the model number if they have been removed.

Latest posts

Back