99? Navigator

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moverton

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-Navigator-Les-Paul-59-Tokai-Case-Clean-1999-069-/200493508762?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item2eae58289a

What do you think of this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180529825629&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Me too. I was tempted to bid - on the face of it looks a good nice guitar for the price but the pic's aren't good and it somehow looks a bit newer to me. If I'd have seen it earlier I might have gone for it. The claimed Leslie West connection doesn't seem to have increased the value much.

here`s my 1999 navigator below.
When I got it I asked my wife to contact ESP with the serial to date it, they told me March of `99...the serial begins with...11039####... the seller of the one linked may well be correct. I have had better luck getting my Japanese wife to send mails, though hers sometimes get ignored as well, she has been more successful than I have with English mails.
The guitar in the auction is checking just as mine is though mine came with Seth Lovers which are, I believe, dated 1999 too...if one can date Duncan Lovers by the number on the back of them. But his guitar and mine share similarities. So if the info I got from ESP is accurate, and stands to reason it is since they built it, then I would guess the seller`s Navigator is from November of 1999 according to his serial number. The pot code thing does not always work out, at least not with the guitars I own.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0011-2.jpg

IMG_0006-2.jpg

sneakyjapan said:
The guitar in the auction is checking just as mine is...

Wow sorry, it just looked so fake on that ebay one, like it was done with a knife.

sneakyjapan said:
The pot code thing does not always work out, at least not with the guitars I own.

Quite true, there was very limited info that confirmed that reading on those pot codes.

Latest posts

Back