Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need To Know

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodgod
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Need To Know Reply with quote

I fell kind a dumb asking this but I dont know. does the japanese tokai plant make acustic guitars like the j200 ? all the 200s I see on ebay say korean remember you learn by asking thanks the woodgod
ramsale
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like someone is going to get a Jumbo...
blueguitar
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to Know Reply with quote

Hi guys! Greetings from a new Tokai fan (AST-62 & LS-50 so far)!

From looking at previous posts and the catalogs, it seems that the "Cat's Eye" guitars are made in Japan. But the vintage copies sold on eBay are Korean.

Wood's post brings up something I've been wondering about, though. Does anyone here have one of the Korean acoustics? How would you grade the quality? I've had some Korean acoustics that were unspectacular (being diplomatic). But the eBay Tokai acoustics are so pretty and cheap! I can't resist their Siren song much longer. How do they compare to similarly priced solid top Japanese guitars (i.e., used Takamine, Yairi, etc.)

Thanks,

Joe

woodgod
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: NEED TO KNOW Reply with quote

HEY! JOE thanks for the reply I have had the chance to play a very cheep older tokai acustic that was made by tokai for Cleveland music it was BBBeat up bad but it sounded very nice have not played a good on yet but I have a friend that has a killer white Yairi acustice/electric if your interested I can hook you up. MMy Wife told me today that I could bid on a j200 I will her keep thinking that it was her idea ha! ha!ha! thanks for the reply TIM the{WOODGOD]
Novosel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love wives like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: