83 ls60

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moverton

Reaction score
Wish I could read japanese. Looks like it took a hit.
Anybody read japanese?
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b112939099

All it says is that it has putty filling(パテ埋め) in the body side as shown in the pictures.

It also says that the seller doesn't have much knowledge of instruments and model numbers but that it may in fact be a "60" as on the headstock sticker.

This may be a case where a guitar is put up as junk due to minor flaws. I can only see something that may be filling in one photo. The seller also has a car up for sale and doesn't fit the usual guitar seller profile.

I asked about the weight on that one, and the reply came back that it was 5.6kg! :eek:

Bit hard to believe, but it's likely that it is quite heavy, which kills it for me.
Out of about 4 or 5 early LS-50/60s on Yahoo at the moment there isn't a single one that is near 9lbs, and some Reborn versions have reached 90k yen.

Save a bit more $$ and go for a player LS-80 now I think, but I was interested in the 14 degree headstock angle lower model LS's - to see if there was any differences in tone or feel.

Back