Happy New Gun Day

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuniorEnthousiast

Reaction score
I know what to do...
pics first, blah later...

HNGGDHappyNewGunGuitarDay045-1.jpg

HNGGDHappyNewGunGuitarDay044-1.jpg

HNGGDHappyNewGunGuitarDay043-1.jpg

HNGGDHappyNewGunGuitarDay038-1.jpg

HNGGDHappyNewGunGuitarDay028-1.jpg

HNGGDHappyNewGunGuitarDay025-1.jpg

specs;
2 pc alder black bound body

quartersawn maple neck
pau ferro creame bound fingerboard
22 frets (6210size)
kluson 3x3 vintage style platemounted tuners

M3 RH100 10+K pups
CTS 500k lefty audiotaper pots
0.047 uf PIO cap
3-way switch

bakelite pickguard

M3 sandcast aluminum vibrato
pretty much generic rollerbridge
10-46 strings

Plays like nothing else. In a good way. :lol:
I'm so glad we went with alder for the body, it sings and it growls all at the same time.
The RH100 pups by M3 are LOUD! They have punch and they pick up on the sustain in this thing.
Sustain? This has as much as my LP junior and that's a m-o-n-s-t-e-r!
M3 vibrato does divebombs and comes back into tune, no problem. Only thing is I already broke a high E string. Broke off the ball, so even before the winding.
Maybe a sharp edge in the stringanchor. I replaced the D'Addario Oigun set it up with with 7ender Super Bullets 10-46.
Not impressed with the kinda generic roller bridge I bought, it has the typical buzz you hear about from JazzMaster owners, I might go to a Mastery bridge.
I'm trying to get a recording that sounds half way decent, but my digicam can't handle the tones from the amp. Not like too loud, just sounds awful. (the recordings I mean! c'moooon) Doesn't do the guitar justice, you'll just have to be patient a little longer till I can get something set up for my laptop.
Amazing guitar, I'm proud to own it. Thanks Oi! U DA MAN!

NICE Mosrite copy! I love those Mosrites, always have! We would not have the Ventures or the Ramones without em! Dig the sea foam olive green too

Udonitron said:
NICE Mosrite copy! I love those Mosrites, always have! We would not have the Ventures or the Ramones without em! Dig the sea foam olive green too

Same here..... that one is just too cool on so many levels.

marcusnieman said:
Udonitron said:

Same here..... that one is just too cool on so many levels.

[blatant spam mode]
Oigun is taking orders for both righties and lefties
[/blatant spam mode]
just thought I'd mention.
This GUN puts my girl's Aria 1702T (same thing as the UNIVOX I'm told) to shame.

Back