Decisions, decisions!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Willie Style

Reaction score
So I was sitting in my office on a break this Wednesday, when I got a call from my old university. Long story short, they overtaxed me while I was there and I'll be getting a return back in the neighborhood of 5-6k. (out come the devil horns!!!)

So, I'm thinking about adding another to the herd. I got my strat, got my Eddie, now I'm lusting after a Fujigen FL but they're just way too expensive. Also at the top of my list is a LS-160 in that bad-*** tobacco burst finish someone posted here a while ago, and a junior. I'm leaning very hard towards the junior right now as I already have a LS-150 and the FL is just way too expensive.

Anyone have a Tok junior that can comment on neck size? I'm thinking about special ordering one in a see-thru finish like the LS-100 SEB in the classified section. I think it'd be sweet!

Incidentally, I contacted Tokai about a special order about a month ago. I asked about a LS-160 in tobacco with nice grain and under 9lbs. I was told if I pick it up, I'll get a sweet discount (117,000 for the LS-160). They also said they'd send pics of the wood grain they would use for my guitar and an estimated final weight for my approval. Nice! For anyone in the region or planning to be, it's a nice perk.

Anyways, any thoughts on a junior???

Jason

i didn't really like the seb junior i tried. I think I just didn't get on with the neck/fretboard profile. I loved the tj78 i tried, though. (I can't really remember what the neck profiles were).

If you already have an ls150 the junior would probably make more sense unless you have a good reason to have a spare. Or unless you hate juniors :lol:

And a nice display case for my jewels after my wife cut them off! :eek:

I could get away with getting something reasonble but I'd never spend that kind of money on a guitar period, except for a personally signed Lucille or something.

Jason

Park the money for a while and take your time looking around. Don't spend it just because you have it. The guitar you buy today will blow the bargain you find a month from now.

marcusnieman said:
Park the money for a while and take your time looking around. Don't spend it just because you have it. The guitar you buy today will blow the bargain you find a month from now.

great advice :)

Big Willie Style said:
Wise words Marcus. By the way, you have a Cool Z guitar, don't you? I found a really good deal on a Cool Z junior. But I haven't heard much feedback about them from owners.

Jason

I should follow my own advice too (LOL)

No I don't have a Cool Z...... never heard of the brand. Tell me about them

Cool Z are made by Fujigen for Shimamura. Check out their line. Seems to be right along the lines of Fujigen and History.

http://www.shimamura.co.jp/originalbrand/coolz/models/ZLS2FM.html?color=1

Jason

Big Willie Style said:
Cool Z are made by Fujigen for Shimamura. Check out their line. Seems to be right along the lines of Fujigen and History.

http://www.shimamura.co.jp/originalbrand/coolz/models/ZLS2FM.html?color=1

Jason

Nice..... that's all I need, another brand to consider :wink:

Nice..... that's all I need, another brand to consider :wink:[/quote]

BACCHUS!!

Back