Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White 1984 SG50
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dombat wrote:
I don't find where you've read "slim neck profile", mine has a big chunky neck, FEB and also the neck joint hairline lacquer crack.

It says so in the advert.
Freebird
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recieved the SG today. Fast shipping from Japan to New York. Packed very securely. Aside from needing a set-up, I think it will play very well. The pickups are strong, pots are nearly completely quiet.

For what it's worth, I measured the neck thinkness - .885" at the 1st fret, .932" at the 11th fret. That's a pretty good size profile. Not quite as big as a 58 or 59 les paul, but bigger than most of the 1960 les paul necks on record (Beauty of the Burst as reference).

As far as the "bleached" areas on the finish, there are a couple other areas on the front of the body that look as though there were once stickers. The color is a little different in these spots. Structurally, the guitar appears sound.
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freebird wrote:
I recieved the SG today. Fast shipping from Japan to New York. Packed very securely. Aside from needing a set-up, I think it will play very well. The pickups are strong, pots are nearly completely quiet.

For what it's worth, I measured the neck thinkness - .885" at the 1st fret, .932" at the 11th fret. That's a pretty good size profile. Not quite as big as a 58 or 59 les paul, but bigger than most of the 1960 les paul necks on record (Beauty of the Burst as reference).

As far as the "bleached" areas on the finish, there are a couple other areas on the front of the body that look as though there were once stickers. The color is a little different in these spots. Structurally, the guitar appears sound.

Nice.... I was eyeballing that one..... almost bid on it and realized I have SG's that haven't seen daylight in over a year
stratman323

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusnieman wrote:
almost bid on it and realized I have SG's that haven't seen daylight in over a year

Just SGs, Marcus?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:

Just SGs, Marcus?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: