This Guy it's crazy !!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beatles Sound

Reaction score
The price original is very low cost ...

http://www.digimart.net/inst_detail.do?instrument_id=DS00836998

and now, your price :eek: crazy !!!! and stup...

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/Bass_Guitar_Archive.html

:eek: :eek: more of double of original price !!!!!!

:eek: :evil:

I think I read about them before on another TF. They are very bad!
Much worse than here in Mexico....

http://almosttokai.freeforums.org/index.php

Nobody has to give them any business though. There are other ways of procuring MIJ guitars. :wink:

They do list a lot of guitars with pictures from shops that are on J-guitar, I am not sure if they have any relationships with them other than buying things that are available on the market for other people and acting like a middleman. Nice business model, nobody is twisting any arms to have people buy from them. I guess they could be more upfront about their "partners". I doubt they move that many guitars but at those prices who needs to. I have seen some listed guitars from Kurosawa get sold on the Kurosawa site and remain happily on sale at guitars japan for a while.

For the guitars they seem to actually have, they have great photos.

Great photos, but did they take them? I've heard otherwise. When I go to their site, a lot of the listings say SOLD, so they're either doing something right or they're bluffing.

Yeah, guitarsjapan used to be a much better website. Andrew had an awesome collection of guitars and he had really well taken photos of them up there. It was the first website that got me into Japanese guitars.

Now he seems to have gotten into partnership or sold to someone with the middle-man type business model.

I recall Andrew was the guy who invented that evil system and now he seems to be quit or something. He had the partners for a long if I remember correctly. Seemed most of their guitars were sold that way. Only some of them were originally what they actually had. Joe someone fought very hard on another TF and he was banned and gone after. It was his battle for the justice we can read on there if the info is still alive. RIP Joe guy and Thank you. Mick. :wink:

I wouldn't call the guy evil, he's just trying to make a buck. Every business needs to make a profit, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Their business-model is based around catching MIJ newbies with a large profit margin.

A similar thing happened to me years ago with my first Japanese Fender that I bought from a dealer in the UK. I soon learnt that I could have imported the guitar myself via Ishibashi and saved about 30% on what I paid, but I don't hold a grudge against the guy. Caveat emptor - buyer beware.

I'm with Sam B. on this ................

Andrew isn't doing anything that other sellers haven't done, some of them very well known here :wink: & I am not referring to myself ...........

Andrew lived in Japan for several years, and during that time he established some very reliable connections in the MIJ guitar biz ???

that is initiative & work that Andrew did on his own, and I won't slag him for his efforts

I bought my first Greco Strat & my first Shimamura History Les Paul from Andrew 8)

Some of his prices are in line (or close) with the norm anyway, just not that one, or the black LS-50! :lol:

Guitars Japan is for collectors mainly, if you're a player don't bother looking, it will only upset you. :cry:

The guy buys at one price & sells at another price. It's called capitalism. And this is, by no means, an example of capitalism at it's worst.

Let's criticise the banks - the bastions of capitalism - before we worry about criticising a small-scale seller of old guitars! This seller didn't cause the world's economy to collapse through his greed, did he?

Mike

mick55 said:
RIP Joe guy :wink:

Joe is not dead. :wink: He says "hi" to all "the good guys" on the forum.

You know who you are. And you know who you are not....... :-?

stratman323 said:
mick55 said:
RIP Joe guy :wink:

Joe is not dead. :wink: He says "hi" to all "the good guys" on the forum.

You know who you are. And you know who you are not....... :-?

Sorry Joe. I didin't know what I was talking about ...... I am just a new guy here yet, so forgive me! :oops: Mick.

Joe's point is that Andrew displays pictures on his website which are from stores in Japan which don't even know he is doing this, let alone have a business relationship with him. This goes beyond healthy capitalism, there's blatant dishonesty in it if that's true.
And possibly it is true if you know how Andrew's website looked like before. It only displayed pics from guitars actually had; all thaken in the same way with the same background. Take a look for yourself how it is now.

Latest posts

Back