Just 'pimped' my Jazz Sound.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fender32

Reaction score
This is my main bass and until this week it had a set of rusty (Precision Bass) tuners on and a rusty Fender style bridge :-?. I thought that it deserved something better, so I stripped it down, polished it and fitted a set of Hipshot tuners (with the correct shape heads), a Hipshot bridge (very useful for quick string changes) and a WD Music pickguard ...

DSC_3163.jpg

DSC_3165.jpg

DSC_3162.jpg

DSC_3160.jpg

I did have to drill a few extra holes for the tuners and the pickguard, but I don't expect that I'll ever sell this bass, so it doesn't matter if I have affected the value of it in any way . :-?

It's tightened up the sound a little too. The slap and pluck tones are a lot cleaner and snappier than they were with the old bridge on. It hasn't added any weight either, as the new tuners are lighter than the old ones, even though the bridge is a fraction heavier. All in all, I'm pretty chuffed with it now :D .

Orsum!!! 8)

I'm not a bass player, but even I can appreciate that. Nice job dude!

Reminds me of the Precision that the late, great Howie Epstein played in the golden years of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!

petty,%20dylan,%20howie%20epstein.jpg

Altogether now: "She was... an American Girl!" Ahh.... Got me reaching for my Strat now. :lol:

Nice one. I don't like coloured scratchplates on Strats but it's a great look on a white Jazz. Beautiful finish on the body - I guess that's one of the advantages of poly, it stays looking new for decades. My white SS60 is almost mint after 30 years.

:)

Latest posts

Back