Gold Top Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Varley

Reaction score
just bought from ebay Love Rock Gold top - beauty mint new condition chrome humbuckers, serial number on back of headstock is 0104673, so i guess that means its a 2001 model, but would like to know what model it actually is and korea/japan produced etc?

If truss rod cover has two screws it is likely Japanese,three and it's likely Korean.Black cover plates on the back = Japanese, white or creme = Korean.
Price is also a good indication.

Hi James,take a look at the cartoon coming with the guitar.There is the model written.Mine tells LS-70 VF handwriting,besides a serial #.Good luck. :wink:

I forgot.Korean guitars have no serial # ,japanese ones like mine have it carved in the back of the headstock.

Thanks all

so it looks like its japanese - two screws on truss cover, black back plates and a serial number on back of headstock, which is all good news as it wasn't cheap - ?460. Just came on a cardboard box so no cartoons? with it so still would like to find out what model it actually is - were the gold tops different models or just a different finish? - anywhere else to look on the guitar to find out the model name? Anyway whatever - it is the sweetest, sexiest guitar Ive ever had my hands on!

James,

If you pop the neck pup out the model should be hand written there.

GB

It sounds like it's a LS-60 as it's got chrome covered humbuckers. The only other model with a gold top, based upon the 2001 catalogue, is the LS-75S which has P-90 style pick-ups.

Latest posts

Back