Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gold Top Love Rock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Varley
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: Gold Top Love Rock Reply with quote

just bought from ebay Love Rock Gold top - beauty mint new condition chrome humbuckers, serial number on back of headstock is 0104673, so i guess that means its a 2001 model, but would like to know what model it actually is and korea/japan produced etc?
beerslinger
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If truss rod cover has two screws it is likely Japanese,three and it's likely Korean.Black cover plates on the back = Japanese, white or creme = Korean.
Price is also a good indication.
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,take a look at the cartoon coming with the guitar.There is the model written.Mine tells LS-70 VF handwriting,besides a serial #.Good luck.
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot.Korean guitars have no serial # ,japanese ones like mine have it carved in the back of the headstock.
James Varley
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:43 am    Post subject: goldie love rock Reply with quote

Thanks all

so it looks like its japanese - two screws on truss cover, black back plates and a serial number on back of headstock, which is all good news as it wasn't cheap - ?460. Just came on a cardboard box so no cartoons? with it so still would like to find out what model it actually is - were the gold tops different models or just a different finish? - anywhere else to look on the guitar to find out the model name? Anyway whatever - it is the sweetest, sexiest guitar Ive ever had my hands on!
guitarboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

If you pop the neck pup out the model should be hand written there.

GB
TommyR
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:21 pm    Post subject: gold top love rock Reply with quote

It sounds like it's a LS-60 as it's got chrome covered humbuckers. The only other model with a gold top, based upon the 2001 catalogue, is the LS-75S which has P-90 style pick-ups.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: