How many guitar straps?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacco

Reaction score
Most of us have a lot of guitars to choose from. Some of us have spend lots of money on upgrades. But do we also buy that special strap to match that precious guitar?
I personally own 11 guitars and have 7 straps. Some are handmade or special order. I like Eyeland Enterprises straps for quality & design.
How many do you have?

Only 3 at the moment but this post gives me a chance to show off one my daughter got for me this week :D

IMG_0490.jpg

i tend to use one strap per guitar, as if you're constantly taking them on and off it eventually wrecks the bit where it attaches to the strap button and ends up being a false economy as you have to buy a new one anyway.

i like those dangleberry music ones in italian leather- really good quality, and very good value (around ?15-?20).

Pretty much use these exclusively.... very well made and last forever:

http://www.eldoradostraps.com/

My cats love them too:

CIMG1856.jpg

try to keep it one per guitar. have bought a couple of perrys suede straps of late & they are great on a love rock as they dont slide

I have one per guitar. Most are cheaper Levy's but one is a nice suede leather that I got in Tokyo for the LS-150. Wide strap, nice and thick. Makes it feel like it's only 9lbs! :lol: I think the brand is Orono or something.

Jason

I have one in each case; hate to be fumbling around looking for a strap. Plus my old Buddy Lee straps from back when. Still like them, but I don't like the metal adjusters.

Crap! I've only got one strap in total and it's about 20 years old.
It's just never occurred to me that I should buy more.

If I ever used more than one guitar in a gig I would of course have another strap, but I rarely bother to use more than one guitar at a time.

I like Jodi Head straps. There's 6 or 8 of those around the house, couple cheap *** straps too. My girl and me own 14 pcs electric and 2 acoustics, we own maybe 10 straps...
I need a couple like this;
IMG_0490.jpg

I like Jodi Head too, I also have one laying around. Been eyeballing at one of those Eldorado's for some time now. This is my Eyeland strap:

jaccowon

By the way: how do you guys get those pics posted directly, without using URL??

jacco said:
I like Jodi Head too, I also have one laying around. Been eyeballing at one of those Eldorado's for some time now. This is my Eyeland strap:

jaccowon

By the way: how do you guys get those pics posted directly, without using URL??

Right click the the photobucket img code in the drop down menu below the picture, copy and then paste to your forum post.

Dont think tokai ever did do a strap,but seem to recall (a long time ago) that one member had fitted new leather ends to a f****r tweed strap with the tokai 7 on it. 8)

Dave_Mc said:
i tend to use one strap per guitar, as if you're constantly taking them on and off it eventually wrecks the bit where it attaches to the strap button and ends up being a false economy as you have to buy a new one anyway.

i like those dangleberry music ones in italian leather- really good quality, and very good value (around ?15-?20).

+ 1.

Just wanted to give these guys a plug.

http://www.hypnoticstraps.com/

I've got all my guitars, easy access, on the wall and finally a strap on every one :D A really good tip to ensure you play them all.....

.........but just wanted to give them a plug because they're very good quality straps at a reasonable price.

Dave

They look quite nice, and the prices are good, as you said. Are the straps made in the UK, or elsewhere and just sold by them?

Back