Help to ID mystery humbucker

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishbonz

Reaction score
This has been in my parts drawer for a while, don't know where it came from - it is old, it looks like a Dimarzio but no markings on the back plate BUT it does have unusual wiring points moulded into the base of the bobbin bases (at least I've not seen before). Allen key pole pieces, nice 'aged' cream bobbins, it has a quality braided lead, black, white and red wires within braided shield - reads 6.7 (single) and 13.3 (both). Any ideas people?
DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

How many holes in the face of the bobbins? Both DiMarzio and Maxxon made a pickup with two sets of hex polepieces, but with a different number of holes in the bobbin faces.

For a period of a couple years in the mid-70's, DiMarzio did ship pickups overseas (pardon my US-centricity) with unstamped baseplates.

Sure shot down my suggestions, didn't it? :eek:

That's the problem with facts; they have a way of getting in the way of great theories. :D

I think you've cracked it - I took a look at some MM reference pix and that 1300 sure looks like the beast, and I could see that unusual bottom bobbin moulding for the wire end points were the same - I couldn't find a picture of the base plate though. I thought MMs had engraved plates like DMs (unless they were supplied unbranded for certain guitar makers).
Thanks for your input.

Cort still use MM pickups....but I'm also pretty sure that they had engraved plates.

Latest posts

Back