Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: PGM MOON Mahagony Strat
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: FS: PGM MOON Mahagony Strat Reply with quote

Here is a quick picture but I can get more if interested. This is a steller guitar. It's in good shape but has been used. And there is a cig burn on the headstock (not from me....was there when I got it). The tone knob is a push/pull so you actually get 10 (instead of the usual 5), different tone selections. If any guitar I own has a Brazilian board, it's this one. Has so very nice "streaks" and "glows" in it. The mahog is heavy. Aprox 9.6-9.8 pounds according to my bathroom scales. It's a burgundy color which may be hard to tell with my camera phone picture. Sorry, my battery is dead on my good camera....like I said, I can get pictures for anyone who is interested. Thanks for looking.

Starting bid $480

http://cgi.ebay.com/PGM-Moon-Strat-equal-Bacchus-Van-Zandt-etc-/230502089839?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar&hash=item35aafec46f

Last edited by btmish on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pics!

$695 OBO Shipped to US. This is an AWESOME guitar...I guarantee it! If it's not AWESOME by YOUR standards.....I'll give you your money back! Seriously, this guitar rocks and will kick anything at that price range by FAR!

btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and a few more:

stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: FS: PGM MOON Mahagony Strat Reply with quote

btmish wrote:
The tone knob is a push/pull so you actually get 10 (instead of the usual 5), different tone selections.

10? From one push-pull pot? Please tell me more.

Mike
JVsearch
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: FS: PGM MOON Mahagony Strat Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
btmish wrote:
The tone knob is a push/pull so you actually get 10 (instead of the usual 5), different tone selections.

10? From one push-pull pot? Please tell me more.

Mike

2 x 5 = 10
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: FS: PGM MOON Mahagony Strat Reply with quote

JVsearch wrote:
2 x 5 = 10

OK, very funny. But that doesn't answer the question, does it?
btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it answers it. You usually have 5 selections via the selector switch. This still has that....except when you "pull" the knob, you now have 5 different sounds coming from the selector switch. So, yea, 5X2=10. Does that make sense?
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btmish wrote:
I think it answers it. You usually have 5 selections via the selector switch. This still has that....except when you "pull" the knob, you now have 5 different sounds coming from the selector switch. So, yea, 5X2=10. Does that make sense?

No, you still only have 3 pickups. I can think of a circuit that will give you 2 extra pickup combinations by using a push-pull, making a total of 7. But I'm not aware of any way of getting 10 different pickup combinations from 3 pickups, a 5 way switch & a push-pull pot.
btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
btmish wrote:

No, you still only have 3 pickups. I can think of a circuit that will give you 2 extra pickup combinations by using a push-pull, making a total of 7. But I'm not aware of any way of getting 10 different pickup combinations from 3 pickups, a 5 way switch & a push-pull pot.

Hmm, I am pretty sure this does. I don't know how it's wired and what it does. But, I basically get A(1,2,3,4,5), and B (1,2,3,4,5), with A being push, B being pull. Maybe I am goofy, I will have to give it a run though later....but I am pretty sure I am getting 10 unique tone options with this.
t.olsen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would understand 10 tones with humbuckers to split with the pp function but with single coils...
But mathematics has always been a riddle for me
btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, one answer would be stacked humbuckers then. Hmm, I may have to tear it apart later. When it's pulled, you definitely get humbucker like tones.
t.olsen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have stacked humbucker tones in the middle position with 2 coils together as well.Check it out,I wanna know
btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like brass:

btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guts and such:

btmish
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: