Pickup suggestion for Tokai Custom Edition S/S/H

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Reaction score
Well, i've played it enough to feel that it's a keeper and my friend in the states isnt going to get it. My question is, since there is an obvious neck pickup (neck humbucker i mean) in the bridge position, what would be a good bridge pickup for the guitar? This guitar seems to be my clapton, hendrix, halen, and yes, even 'country' guitar. Not looking for anything extravegant. Something open-faced and has adjustable pole-pieces (not too keen on some non-adjustable pickups).

Thanks guys,
Dana

Hi Dana,

As the guitar already has active circuitry, I would suggest a set of EMG's in the S/S/H setup. It will help keep the axe looking original too.

For adjustable poles though, get some Duncans into her. They will make sure it wails, screams, bombs, sings and howls.

regards
Peter

I would suggest going with Bill Lawrence L-280's for the neck and middle single-coils and with one of his L-500's or L-465 humbuckers in the bridge position. http://billlawrence.com

Well i bought a Seymour DUncan Live Wire humbucker. I open the package and it has 2 9V battery plugs, a tone pot, volume pot, capacitors, and some mounting hardware.

My question is, if a guitar has active electronics, does it need a 9V battery to work? I'm pretty sure this guitar has active elctronics but no battery was stashed inside. Do i need a battery for it to work now or just slap it in?

I never had a guitar with active electronics before.

Thanks in advance,
Dana

Guitars with active electronics, has ALWAYS internal battery!
Active electronics = built in amp and other gizmos.

Latest posts

Back