LS420 & LS540

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknBlues

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why there is such a big price difference between the LS420 & LS540 ( around AU$1500 ) when the only difference in them is the pickups and the trussrod cover (going by the specs and pics from the latest catalogue) :-?

Scarcity?
I guess good wood is making difficult to find and that?s the proof?
I have seen Tokai tops are not so pretty as used to,in fact I dislikes one in particular.I know original 59's had not so spectacular top and the technique did not bring that flame as some R9s did artoficially,but I would spect the best of the best for that kind of money and for highest end from Tokai. They can do a great job I?m pretty sure and craft both pretty and fantastic sound instruments.It?s courious how some LS-150s then LS-230s,now ?? and UK made equivalents had pretty tops from Canada....
The guitar shown in catalogs as high end is the same since a lot of time ago and was crafted many years ago sold to a forum meber who is lucky to own,a kind of prototipe as far as I know
It?s a lot of money asked and we are entering into Gibson R9 territory....I?m partial to Tokai but....

Latest posts

Back