• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1979 Les Paul - Tokai Reborn Gibson Law Suit Model - Beatifu

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sikaudio_com

Reaction score
Hey Fello Tokai Lovers!
Sad to say, but I am selling my prized Possession.
My 1979 Les Paul Tokai "Customized" Reborn.
Out of all the Axes I have had (and I've had my fair share...+ too many)
This is by far my favourite.....
but I know it will bring the quick bucks, thats why I'm selling it.
**** you Credit Card! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Please Hit the link here below for full details & images

http://www.sikaudio.com/1979_les_paul_tokai.html

1979_les_paul_tok1.jpg

Please note...I am not a dealer or anything...just a collector & Lover of good quality guitars, Amps & Fx.
But now I gotta clear some gear...so take advantage of one man's loss is another's 'Gain!
Check it out...its a beautiful piece of Guitar Craftmanship.
1979_Les_Paul_Tokai-Reborn_serial.JPG

Call or email me anytime.
[email protected]
Ph: 0413 76578

So this is an LS-50 with a lot of (reversible) mods?

I assume you're using the word "Custom" in the title to refer to your customising of the guitar?

G'day mate. Yep, It's defiantly Custom alright. Yes mainly because of the Hardware Upgrades & all. But I noted in the description its custom & its features...not in the Title. I was also told by Japanese Vintage Guitar shop I got it from, that the Reborn Moden was the first of the Limited LS50 Custom models Tokai did. Never really looked into whether or not Tokai did Custom Models....but it is now :D I can not stand the Vintage Gibson style, sloppy Stick tuner pegs. Never staying in tune consistently. I have had 3 Jap LS models with these Vintage tuners....all do the same thing, so had to up grade. I Do however LOVE the Tokai "X" Pickups they pick in these Reborn Models. So I would maybe swap back those with the EMG 85 & 89. But I have to say...this Beast ROCKS! It is for sure a killer Axe!
For full details on Upgrades...check out the link.

bluejeannot said:
THERE WAS NO LAWSUIT,SWIMSUIT,or BIRTHDAY SUIT OK?,Gabe.
Ha...Funny! So, Tokai changed the Head Stock print and Model name from Les Paul to NOT Les Paul for...um what reason??? :wink:

...yeah I get ya. Just like a Local Amp builder I know, making the "LEMON" Guitar Amps, Yellow & exactly the same as the umm, Orange (coloured) Amps.
He gets the heat letter's from the Company saying "Stop it" or we take your home & Business....hence the famous "Law Suit" model.
Point is Law Suit or not, Tokai had "Les Paul" on the head stock, that is Gibson's, they threaten or put a little heat on them, if they dont listen....there is a Law Suit.
So begins the famous phantom Law Suit model.
Thats my little spin on it. Cheers for the confirmation, from the web research, from where the original Law suit model came from. Crazy big circle.....

Soo, on this forum here.... does anyone actually Like My Tokai Reborn (not "custom") (not "Law suit") model Black ( or is that a super dark shade of dark mid night grey) Guitar ? :wink:

Just being cheeking Fella's....tis cool 8) Cheers for the feedback & views.

There's no evidence of even a threatening letter though. At the time it's entirely feasible that Gibson had no idea about them.

"Law suit" is sensationalist nonsense. "Tokai Les Paul Reborns" sell all the time on eBay and nobody gets a takedown notice.

I propose a new Tokai Forum rule. Anyone mentioning the sensationalist word "lawsuit" in any advert for a Tokai must pay half the proceeds of the sale to the forum. If Ned doesn't need it for the forum, it goes to a charity of his choice.

Cool? :wink:

Mike

Yeah ok, I meant description, what difference does it make if the wording is in the title or description?

My point was that a Les Paul Custom was a specific model that differed from the LP Standard by having an ebony fretboard with block inlays (not trapezoid inlays) multi-ply binding around the body (top and bottom) and headstock, gold hardware, humbuckers or Alnico SC + P90 pickups, and some versions had triple humbuckers and some had a mahogany top instead of maple.

I would have been very interested to see a Reborn LP Custom!

stratman323 said:
I propose a new Tokai Forum rule. Anyone mentioning the sensationalist word "lawsuit" in any advert for a Tokai must pay half the proceeds of the sale to the forum. If Ned doesn't need it for the forum, it goes to a charity of his choice.

Cool? :wink:

Mike

I can't allow this, unless it can be set up so that people read that condition when they sign up to the forum, and have to tick a box to show that they have read and agree to be bound, by such an onerous condition! To be honest that might not even stand up if time came to collect... :lol:

Latest posts

Back