Bacchus advice please...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austin

Reaction score
Been looking for a white Les Paul recently and seen a few Greco, Burny etc on Ebay and then just found this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BACCHUS-BLC-95-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-CUSTOM-ORVILLE-TOKAI_W0QQitemZ300403805785QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item45f1764e59

I know nothing about Bacchus guitars so can anyone advise me if this is any good? I've had a Tokai Reborn in the past and wondered if this was a similar quality?

I missed that the headstock logo had been changed, that's a real shame in my opinion, I don't know why people bother? Is 9.69lb very heavy for a Les Paul then, I can't remember what my Reborn weighed?

MIJvintage said:
if the item is what it is advertised to be, then it should be a pretty nice Lester

I have owned a 95 grade Bacchus P-90 gold top & it was a very nice guitar

the $750 price seems fair

the 9.69 lb. weight is a bummer & so is the Gibson logo that someone put on the head stock face :( ; I would never put a Gibson logo on any of my Bacchus guitars :)

Customs were always a bit heavier than Standards, and it's not 11 lbs which is good. But yeah, that logo - jeez, why? I'll never understand it, people building partscasters and putting Fender logos on them etc. I wonder if it was professionally done - set into the headstock veneer, or maybe a stick on logo which could be removed?

austin said:
I emailed the guy and the Gibson logo is just a sticker that can be removed to reveal the Bacchus logo.

Cool. :) (Remove it slowly if you get the guitar)

Guitar is worth the price then unless the weight is an issue for you. It will feel heavy compared to most Strats or Teles.

Actually, I just noticed that the auction has ended - did you get it Austin?

JVsearch said:

Guitar is worth the price then unless the weight is an issue for you. It will feel heavy compared to most Strats or Teles.

No I missed it, I was trying to arrange a day to collect it and then someone else got in there before me. Bit gutted about it as it looked ideal. Oh well, the search continues.....

austin said:
JVsearch said:

No I missed it, I was trying to arrange a day to collect it and then someone else got in there before me. Bit gutted about it as it looked ideal. Oh well, the search continues.....

Bummer, but there will be something else... in time. :(

Grasshopper too concerned with time off to get guitar but forget that guitar is number one priority first then time off second concern :wink:

you will learn the priority soon then you will understand ...........

patience Grasshopper

Latest posts

Back