Greco EG700 on eBay - do you believe?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loedefee

Reaction score
Can you imagine this one is a 700? I better believe it?s a 450 or a 500.
click here

The seller sent me these two pictures:
sam08260uqp.jpg

sam0835kut7.jpg

What do the experts say?

There are not Super Real EG700.
Super Real start from EG800GS.

Then, yes it should be one of the low end 450 or 500 model, but Screaming pickups are pretty good and could be found in EG700.
I supposed someone have upgrade the pickups.

Juni41 said:
There are not Super Real EG700.
Super Real start from EG800GS.

Then, yes it should be one of the low end 450 or 500 model, but Screaming pickups are pretty good and could be found in EG700.
I supposed someone have upgrade the pickups.

There are Super Real low ends.
Plywood flametops are not uncommon in the Super Real Series.
But I have no idea what the model numbers are.

i thank you guys for your answers. He (the seller) told me the serial number is 2 1373. Does that help?

looks like a very early MC model = long tenon & early 1982 serial #

with left over SR neck = SR head stock logo

I would think an EG500 or higher with the Scream'in 1982 pups

from the first posted pic U can C the top is solid; it's not one of them hollowed out POS :lol: ..................

hi
just to tell you .... i got a black eg 450 from 1982 ,,, has the inked serial ...
and HAS THE LONG TENOR :eek: :eek: ,, it even comes with a solid top :D :D :D
all the best
otto

@MIJvintage: That?s what i thought too. But the SR should have a short tenon. If this is a left over neck, why it?s got a long tenon?

@muccax: what pus have yours? Got pictures?

loedefee said:
@MIJvintage: That?s what i thought too. But the SR should have a short tenon. If this is a left over neck, why it?s got a long tenon?

@muccax: what pus have yours? Got pictures?

with the early 1982 stuff there is a 'transition' period from SR era attributes to MC era attributes.

some of the items that will be seen/mixed:
SR head stock logos
closed O on the Greco logo = SR era
open O on the Greco logo = MC era
SR era tenon = short tenon
MC tenon = long tenon
A lot of this 'interchange' or 'overlap' of SR to MC era attributes seem to be (roughly) up to about the 2 15** serial range.

Another transitional item is the channel routing for the pickup wiring.
The SR era channel routing isn't 'correct' such as on my 2 1943 numbered EG59-70 MC plain top, which is routed in line with the top edge of the pick guard, just like the SRs.
Later in 1982 the routing has the correct angle that runs straight from the control cavity route to the toggle route, as on my 2 7*** numbered MC gold top.

The 1982 MC models with all of the 'correct' features are actually my favorites of all the Greco Les Pauls.
I see this as the era that they were finally 'getting it right' AFA the crafting of the lumber, and the guitars finally having the true & correct cutaway curve, and bout demensions.
Many of these will also have the FEB :)

IMO, my 2 7*** Mint Collection gold top is a phenomenal Les Paul, likely one of the best 'old wood' Lesters I have ever owned.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10931&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
It is hard to described how insanely good the guitar really is but the gold paint has a kinda weird green tint to it :-?
Still, I would not change that :lol: .......................

Being black, I took it to be an early '82 EG59-45. Transitional SR logo but with the "cut O" Mint Collection logo as well. Replaced knobs IMO. I don't care for the pointy cutaway radius either Rich. Looks like the 70's Gibsons. They got it right a little later on didn't they.

$926 is silly money for that one. :D

MIJvintage said:
The 1982 MC models with all of the 'correct' features are actually my favorites of all the Greco Les Pauls. I see this as the era that they were finally 'getting it right' AFA the crafting of the lumber said:
and the guitars finally having the true & correct cutaway curve, and bout demensions[/u].
Many of these will also have the FEB :)

IMO, my 2 7*** Mint Collection gold top is a phenomenal Les Paul, likely one of the best 'old wood' Lesters I have ever owned.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=10931&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
It is hard to described how insanely good the guitar really is but the gold paint has a kinda weird green tint to it :-?
Still, I would not change that :lol: .......................

Same here.. I have two of those 2 7*** era MC's as well. Black beauty and a gold top with the green tint. Both highly cherished by me... I feel very lucky to have acquired them.

Back